We have a new wiki main page :)

Looking good. I did some more here and there. Hope new version lands soon.

Apart from deleting all the categories and using them for semantic lists consisting of info from the category contents pages i dont see any more stuff in need of doing.

There is always the development page if someone wants to do some condensing there.

I started on a team page idea. All the info to all notable people. Merging in the donation page.

http://pandorawiki.org/Emulators/Sega logo is missing from top left for some reason...

Can we take a favicon and change the colour on it to differentiate it from the other pages a bit? Suggestion for colour? red?

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone make a pandora favicon where the bottom w has a different colour.

/\

\/

|_||_|   Something like that.
I like the idea of this, to have all official sites slightly different colours so can identify quick and easily from your browser tabs/favs list at a glance.

Something like this maybe;

ic0c9s.png

Love it. Im not seeing the b in boards though, how about all of the left side?

The gradient looks very nice. How about a little bit of that darkness the farthest away of blue so it retains the 3d-effect. Same with red.

If we upgrade from 16x16 ico favicons to something better we can really make use of that.

Edit: Solid blue for the forum and boards, or the one i suggested,  red wiki and green repo, those two are a bit separate from the rest. Sylish and  nice.

the F doesnt really work

idea:  Two sides and inwards for M  in members?

/\

\/
|_||_|

Agree about the 'b', that looks more clear on the left side;

Boards

59tqad.png

And with a top gradient

2lwsqgw.png

Repo

1zv7p00.png

Wiki

213kux5.png

Wiki alt - no grad

2zgu5uf.png

21jowwi.png

Members

29mp346.png

Not sure what you mean though about the 'darkness the furthest away of blue so retains 3D effect' ... 

Not sure what you mean though about the 'darkness the furthest away of blue so retains 3D effect'
Gradient so that the top is darker than the bottom, giving the illusion that the top is further away than the rest, a nice 3D effect.

Think I know what you mean, for the 'b' one in blue so the top corner is gradient ... I've added it above with the solid one.

Personally I think the gradients look nice, but for use as Favicons I wouldn't use them, as probably wouldn't be too defined. The solids I think would work better.

However, I would say the gradient ones would look good for using as Apple Touch Icons, which are used when iDevice users save a website shortcut to their homescreens, it saves using that icon/png.

The gradients could work well there as would be larger images than the Favicons are.

Would look pretty nice I think having all the Pandora sites' icons on your tablet homescreen all with nice colourful logo icons

Tried adding the icons, it functions somewhat, needs work.

If we default on mobile view, the collapsing takes care of itself via table of content being collapsed by default, which i really like. And its much better for SEO. Mobile view breaks all forms of sorting in tables though (which the compability lists use, but you can change back to desktop if you want that) also it gets rid of the sidemenu, so those need to be reimplemented somewhere somehow.

I dont really think the sidepanel gets noticed all that much, because people are used to seeing it on other wikis, and mostly its just the default waste.

Between blind users, SEO and space constraints it really becomes difficult to keep adding to achieve. Its getting a bit unmaintainable if you see it for the first time. Its either that, or getting smart-sorting to work. And for that you need the semantic stuff, which i cant >into.

Basically it can be like now, only you can sort (for example emulator) by age, manufacturer, etc.

I see the 'Quickstart' [user manual / Team] heading is using the proposed Wiki Favicon...

...I think the Favicons work better as Favicons, for displaying bookmarks and in the URL bar, as they all sort of themed just with different colours/letters.

For these headings, all the other headings have plain Pandora colour Blue, and the Favicon doesn't suit.

I've just done this one which I think would work better alongside the others, it's meant to be a 'question mark' character, so suitable for the 'Quickstart' section I think - Use it if you want :)

5x20sj.png

Well done, cool idea. :) Please more of this style. ^^
Nice, it looks good.

Sswam has done a new frontpage

and i did a mockup of that

The idea is aspiring to what i was touching on in my last post. Less is more.
I like the new frontpage design ,much better now. Still a little bit to much at once and the lists could need alphabetical sorting but overall its nicce and clean.Your mockup is a little bit to "pale" imho, I see no real formatting or separations like frames and to much white for my taste.

I mainly just changed the layout, not the content.

It looks okay to me on PC, and also on Pandora in Firefox or Dillo.

I did not yet trim or rearrange the lists of links.

It might be good to have fewer links on the front page, and perhaps to sort them alphabetically.

I don't want expand/collapse for viewing on a PC.

I'm not convinced that either version of the new main page is better than the old main page.

Do we want nearly every other page listed on the main page?  Could be good... I'm not sure.

Any other suggestions?

^ I really like that layout.

It uses white space well, looks clean and not busy, the Icons give a good idea what the sections are there for.

I agree with this, I did notice the 2 other layouts yesterday and yes they look cleaner on my desktop screen.

Although it does list a lot of the other pages on the main page I don't think it looks too busy, I'll have to see on a smaller/mobile screen but on desktop looked ok to me and can pretty much see and access what I might want in one click

Ok, gunning for clean then.

Things todo.

1. Use the 4 columns style from mockup. No reason not to, there is space for it. Can browse 4 things then, and more logical sectioning. Stop jumpiness of categories and icons that detach from the categories. Hide the expanders?
  2. Add button images for top menu options, also need other shop and donation links.   Left:Navigation            Middle:social               Right:buying.  Use favicons, logos?
  3. Add sidesections ala OP mainpage, (where the righthand panda is now,) copy over corresponding pages/images. In similar fashion to the other category columns, aligned right (could be on both sides too)
  4. Bonus: Append a floating video or slideshow into the pandora image thats on there now. (or a square one) If that doesnt work the whole image can be made into an apng. Worst case, the screen could have a static image of something useful and say "click for video", leading to a video page.

Well done, cool idea. :) Please more of this style. ^^

Here are some more, the same as the multicoloured ones done as Favicons, but all in this same colour scheme used on that Heading icon ...

I quite like the colour ones myself for Favicons as they offer quick distinction, but I do like these as carry some consistency...

preview:

20f6rn6.png

23rsw77.png

654lm1.png

2n7ijpi.png

2njwylv.png

Back