We got a plan!

But a printed rubber material won't do anything when you press it, as it's missing the carbon pads.

Great news! I'd also would rather pay full price up front and just wait for it to be delivered.

Great progress. My credit with link should cover the majority of the cost of a Pyra, I believe.

Will these 20 pre-production units be more expensive than a regular Pyra?

Also, I want to ask something (Im confused). What is the difference between payment and pre-payment? If we made a pre-payment, are we have to pay it again? (Sorry I'm a bit sleepy :) )

Also, I want to ask something (Im confused). What is the difference between payment and pre-payment? If we made a pre-payment, are we have to pay it again? (Sorry I'm a bit sleepy :) )
You pay for a portion of the final cost, when released you pay the rest.

If a pre-payment is only 60% of the value* then, yes, you'd still need to pay the remaining 40% to actually have paid for a unit.

* Note, I don't quite understand how prepayment can be 200EUR in that case, since if 200EUR is 60%, the total price would be much less than I've heard predicted before. But any way, whatever percentage of the cost it actually makes, you'll need to pay the rest.

Looks like it will be a squeeze to have the final retail version shipping by the end of this year.  Looks more likely to be early next year, is that what you are aiming for ED?

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like it will be a squeeze to have the final retail version shipping by the end of this year.  Looks more likely to be early next year, is that what you are aiming for ED?
As long as it takes :)

If a pre-payment is only 60% of the value* then, yes, you'd still need to pay the remaining 40% to actually have paid for a unit.

* Note, I don't quite understand how prepayment can be 200EUR in that case, since if 200EUR is 60%, the total price would be much less than I've heard predicted before. But any way, whatever percentage of the cost it actually makes, you'll need to pay the rest.
Those 60% are not from the retail price - they're from the pure production costs (as I need to pay them).

For you, it's probably about 30% of the final payment you need to pay upfront.

Quite a few customers have asked how they can use their iControlPad2 voucher they got from Link and their Pandora voucher if they didn't get the Pandora yet:

I will discuss that with Link and we'll find a proper solution.

No worries, you WILL get the information before preordering starts!
Can someone point me to any info about vouchers? I believe I was in contact with Link about a discount on the Pyra, but I never heard anything else about it afterwards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its common in germany to rise the pure production price by 30% as profit. So its more like 200€*130%/60%=433.33€

Hmm still not around the estimated 600€... maybe we should add some pi into the formular. pi is always looking good in formulas.

Its common in germany to rise the pure production price by 30% as profit. So its more like 200€*130%/60%=433.33€
Hmm still not around the estimated 600€... maybe we should add some pi into the formular. pi is always looking good in formulas.
True.

*nods* Every well-rounded formula includes pi. ;)

-Neelix  

Wait...   This isn't the bad joke appreciation thread?

Just want to say that I'm also willing to do a pre-order when they start.

Preeorder whit 200 € pree payment sounds great, the only problem is, you have tho charge the rest until the Units are going to chip..

Whill there be 3G and Wifi Units in the first Mass Produktion Run, or only Wifi??

And will the First batch be limitet, like on the Pandora, or is this: "the more preeorders, the better" ????

You will have my Order for shure..

Even if i have to sell a lot more Honey..

Back