We got a plan!

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Mar 4, 2003
Messages
29,382
Age
42
Location
Ingolstadt
But a printed rubber material won't do anything when you press it, as it's missing the carbon pads.
 
M

meg

Guest
Great news! I'd also would rather pay full price up front and just wait for it to be delivered.
 

Wrath Of Khan

Soul soother...
Joined
Dec 29, 2009
Messages
5,170
Age
42
Location
Ireland
Great progress. My credit with link should cover the majority of the cost of a Pyra, I believe.

Will these 20 pre-production units be more expensive than a regular Pyra?
 

Alperoot

Welcome! Welcome to Airstrip 17.
Joined
Apr 11, 2015
Messages
636
Also, I want to ask something (Im confused). What is the difference between payment and pre-payment? If we made a pre-payment, are we have to pay it again? (Sorry I'm a bit sleepy :) )
 

TrashyMG

Sarcasm Dispenser
Staff member
Joined
Jan 18, 2010
Messages
10,670
Also, I want to ask something (Im confused). What is the difference between payment and pre-payment? If we made a pre-payment, are we have to pay it again? (Sorry I'm a bit sleepy :) )
You pay for a portion of the final cost, when released you pay the rest.
 

levi

Still fresh, damnit!
Joined
Oct 6, 2008
Messages
11,850
Location
Somewhere off the coast of the EU
If a pre-payment is only 60% of the value* then, yes, you'd still need to pay the remaining 40% to actually have paid for a unit.

* Note, I don't quite understand how prepayment can be 200EUR in that case, since if 200EUR is 60%, the total price would be much less than I've heard predicted before. But any way, whatever percentage of the cost it actually makes, you'll need to pay the rest.
 

vcoleiro1

Hardcore Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2011
Messages
4,583
Looks like it will be a squeeze to have the final retail version shipping by the end of this year.  Looks more likely to be early next year, is that what you are aiming for ED?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Mar 4, 2003
Messages
29,382
Age
42
Location
Ingolstadt
Looks like it will be a squeeze to have the final retail version shipping by the end of this year.  Looks more likely to be early next year, is that what you are aiming for ED?
As long as it takes :)

If a pre-payment is only 60% of the value* then, yes, you'd still need to pay the remaining 40% to actually have paid for a unit.

* Note, I don't quite understand how prepayment can be 200EUR in that case, since if 200EUR is 60%, the total price would be much less than I've heard predicted before. But any way, whatever percentage of the cost it actually makes, you'll need to pay the rest.
Those 60% are not from the retail price - they're from the pure production costs (as I need to pay them).

For you, it's probably about 30% of the final payment you need to pay upfront.
 

nobrandheroes

Still Fresh
Joined
Sep 4, 2012
Messages
5
Quite a few customers have asked how they can use their iControlPad2 voucher they got from Link and their Pandora voucher if they didn't get the Pandora yet:


I will discuss that with Link and we'll find a proper solution.


No worries, you WILL get the information before preordering starts!
Can someone point me to any info about vouchers? I believe I was in contact with Link about a discount on the Pyra, but I never heard anything else about it afterwards.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Urben

Very Active Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2014
Messages
249
Age
15
* Note, I don't quite understand how prepayment can be 200EUR in that case, since if 200EUR is 60%, the total price would be much less than I've heard predicted before. But any way, whatever percentage of the cost it actually makes, you'll need to pay the rest.
Its common in germany to rise the pure production price by 30% as profit. So its more like 200€*130%/60%=433.33€

Hmm still not around the estimated 600€... maybe we should add some pi into the formular. pi is always looking good in formulas.
 

Alperoot

Welcome! Welcome to Airstrip 17.
Joined
Apr 11, 2015
Messages
636
* Note, I don't quite understand how prepayment can be 200EUR in that case, since if 200EUR is 60%, the total price would be much less than I've heard predicted before. But any way, whatever percentage of the cost it actually makes, you'll need to pay the rest.
Its common in germany to rise the pure production price by 30% as profit. So its more like 200€*130%/60%=433.33€
Hmm still not around the estimated 600€... maybe we should add some pi into the formular. pi is always looking good in formulas.
True.
 

Neelix

Insecticidal Maniac
Joined
Jan 8, 2011
Messages
3,232
Location
Melbourne, Australia
Its common in germany to rise the pure production price by 30% as profit. So its more like 200€*130%/60%=433.33€

Hmm still not around the estimated 600€... maybe we should add some pi into the formular. pi is always looking good in formulas.
*nods* Every well-rounded formula includes pi. ;)

-Neelix  

Wait...   This isn't the bad joke appreciation thread?
 

szr

Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2014
Messages
82
Age
39
Just want to say that I'm also willing to do a pre-order when they start.
 

matzesu

Hardcore Member
Staff member
Joined
Oct 24, 2008
Messages
9,446
Age
35
Location
Germany,, Saarland, at home
Preeorder whit 200 € pree payment sounds great, the only problem is, you have tho charge the rest until the Units are going to chip..


Whill there be 3G and Wifi Units in the first Mass Produktion Run, or only Wifi??


And will the First batch be limitet, like on the Pandora, or is this: "the more preeorders, the better" ????


You will have my Order for shure..


Even if i have to sell a lot more Honey..
 
Top