War in Ukraine

According to a French newscaster, the fact that journalists are killed, does NOT mean you don't have a democracy.

It's weird when truth is so far apart from the official narrative that wrong stances are defended.

For example, I was reading into that Russia is bombing hospitals (plural) and houses. (put out there into the world by Minister of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine Dmytro Kuleba)
Then I hear that Russia is not doing that because of the agreements on war, they have to rebuild them (the houses). All they are doing is shooting new military targets, (now that all others are destroyed), which so happen to be placed next to civilian buildings. And that these civilians are used as human shield. Then the other side says that yes, they are just defending that cityblock or that hospital and nursery.

And it all sounds like the story of that they are taking children out of the incubators.
The story was corroborated by Amnesty International.

It was the decisive moment that USA went in with full force to stop these atrocities! (even the title "this-is-beyond-evil")

Look that this clip. No structural damage from that fire (which could be made with burning tires). Does not look like a hospital to me, but it has a main entrance, so who am I to identify a hospital?

The story itself also says the bomb was "nearby" (but by how much?) And they are kept in the basement. As you can see the basement has less facilities than the real beds above, where people with shrapnel and real wounds are being tended to. It's not as if during war the hospitals are suddenly empty, far from it. Now the woman does not wear a facemask IN THE MIDDLE OF A COVID PANDEMIC! That is criminal towards her unborn child. Many fathers there too... one holding the child and WITHOUT facemask nor combat gear! and the baby was NOT in an INCUBATOR! (it seems there are no incubators to take away, take that, Russians!). But keeping moms in the basement clears the maternity wing for injured patients. And gives a shelter like environment to moms that need to feel protected.

Here are not sandbags, but cushions next to the window. Cushions stop bombs!

A bit of numerology on the Web:

1914/07/28 -> 19+14+7+28 = 68 WWI
1939/09/01 -> 19+39+1+9 = 68 WWII
2022/02/24 -> 20+22+2+24 = 68 WWIII?

So when will a loaf of bread cost 400 euro?

Oil price is already heading for that mark. Food will become expensive quite soon, wheat prices are already rising. At least Germany imports tons of the stuff from Ukraine.

A bit of numerology on the Web:

1914/07/28 -> 19+14+7+28 = 68 WWI
1939/09/01 -> 19+39+1+9 = 68 WWII
2022/02/24 -> 20+22+2+24 = 68 WWIII?
So I wonder which other years fit this pattern, Presumably next year on the twenty third of february, or last year on the twenty fifth. Apparently it stops being in February in 1947, in fact it stops being possible to make an actual date that adds up to 68 until the millenium.
So when will a loaf of bread cost 400 euro?
Just you wait.

Cyprus is already importing and stockpiling grain to face the shortages from the war in Ukraine (and sanctions to Russia).
Most of it is going to feed cattle. Time for vegetarianism, anyone?
On other news McDonalds has decided to stop their ongoing sanctions to Russia since 1990 and will close their 850 restaurants there. I guess they were punishing the innocent population, since Putin himself maybe didn't eat there (he's not Trump). Maybe inoportune now, taking into account people tended to boycott, vandalize and burn McDonald's in France without achieving to close them all, so this retreat by McDonalds is almost a reason not to revolt against Putin. I mean, he's really wrong to bomb Ukraine, but at least he has achieved a cease and desist from McDonalds (and KFC and even PizzaHut).

I've decided that every day we don't get nuked is a victory for President Biden. Congratulations, Joe.

Joe tends to forget things.

Also: Joe is now getting commie oil from Venezuela! (does that mean they will invade Venezuela?)

Dutch Gasoline hits 2.5 euro
When we asked the government to reduce the tax we got the finger. They said that if they do that, less money would go to schooling (think of the children!). Yeah. (links are in Dutch, sorry)

I was robbed at the tankstation. I called the police immediately. They asked who robbed me. I said: It was pump number 3!

2,22 € in Germany, because of this i got anoyed and gave a bit more trottle on the way home yesterday at one point, but i saw that my Display was showing 27l/100 km and went back to my Economic Driving ^^

I still have a lot from the cheaper Diesel in my Car from the last tanking, but the 600 km i have left arend that much...

And the Unimog only got a few 100 km per Year, so no big deal..

Millions of refugees leaving the country, thousand innocent citizens homeless, dozens of hospitals destroyed, but between smashed dreams and looming fears, who can keep the humour up ? The taxman, nonetheless! If you steal a Russian tank, you get to keep it tax free! It pays to vote a comedian into office.
recent announcement from Ukraine's National Agency for Corruption Prevention (NACP) that does not require Ukrainians to declare assets seized during the conflict.

The NACP has gone to lengths to explain why this is so on its website.

"Speaking by the letter of the law, combat trophies are not subject to reflection in the declaration for the following reasons: they were acquired not as a result of the conclusion of any type of transaction, but in connection with the full-scale aggression of the Russian Federation on February 24, 2022 against the independent and sovereign Ukrainian state as a continuation the insidious attack of the Russian Federation on Ukraine launched in 2014. Thanks to the courage and victory of the defenders of the Ukrainian state, enemy military equipment usually comes to you already destroyed and disabled, which makes it impossible to evaluate it in accordance with the law On the valuation of property, property rights and professional valuation activities in Ukraine. Therefore, it is also impossible to find out how much such property costs."

Had to google "draft dodging" (Kriegdienstverweigerung),
It depents on wheter you have a desease or not, i dont know krikzz personally, so i cant say he was right by leaving Ukraine..

You are right, there are legitimate reasons to leave the military. In fact I had one (but not a disease). So maybe he wasn't a Dodger.

Interesting how significant McDonald's is to the Russian economy:

"The Golden Arches has become the latest company to temporarily close all its locations in Russia, and while it will continue to pay its employees in the interim, the firm said it was impossible to predict when stores might reopen. Russian operations only account for 3% of McDonald's operating income, but make up 9% of its annual revenues. McDonald's also owns 84% of its restaurants in the country and is the largest taxpayer to Russia in the food industry."

Last edited:
Is the draft acceptable ?

Everyone has legitimate reasons to leave or not to enter the military.
Not killing others and not surrendering your ethics to discipline, for example.
If you think copyrights are unethical is it ok to steal compact discs?...

Draft is horrifying but I'm not keen on treason either.

Zelensky should not have imposed the draft because he should have surrendered. it's the utilitarian thing to do.

I was reading into that Russia is bombing hospitals (plural) and houses. (put out there into the world by Minister of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine Dmytro Kuleba)

Same building either in https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kharkiv or in https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marioepol or they use templates and build the same building in 2 far-apart cities?

Meanwhile the other humanitarian crisis...

If you think copyrights are unethical is it ok to steal compact discs?...
Non-sequitur ? Do you mean the content of the compact-disc or the physical object ? Do you mean when one finds copyright unethical or also private property of physical objects unethical ? And is the compact disc the only copy or the same person who had de CD had a backup? Does the CD even work ?
In general blindly obeying the law is collaborationism. One has to put a line somewhere to disobey the law. It's nice when you live somewhere where all of the law agrees with your principles,
even if parts of it are not to your liking, none of it is forcing you to do terrible things, terrible even compared to the punishment, so you can comply. It's not black and white.
Draft is horrifying but I'm not keen on treason either.
Treason is more like acting against your (choosen or imposed) nation. Killing your soldiers, telling secrets away, helping the enemy, things like that. Not helping your side in war is not necessarily treason. If you overdo it you'll end up thinking failing your aim and missing your target is treason. Or that when 10 enemies come to you and kill you you're a traitor because you should have fought and won. Don't let bellicism drag you to black and white thinking.
Zelensky should not have imposed the draft because he should have surrendered. it's the utilitarian thing to do.
I don't say so much. None of his options are good. He could not impose the draft but not surrender either. It's difficult. He might be guilty of errors, but not this one. I don't think his duty was necessarily to surrender. The fault is on Putin. And a little on those Russian soldiers obeying some laws, specially those that obey some orders and break international law...

Back