War in Ukraine

JDTAY

Half Pepperoni, All Cheese
I miss the World News thread. @TrashyMG locked it during the 2020 US presidential election, and it hasn't come back yet.

Anyway, it looks like Russia might invade the Ukraine before the Super Bowl. Darn it, Russia, our troops were all planning on watching the Super Bowl. Don't be a party pooper.

That's probably true for all the wars that we and the Americans have been involved in during my adulthood, but I'm less sure about the Vietnam War and I'm pretty sure the World Wars were more about ideology than money (although it took the Japanese blowing up all the planes and ships at pearl harbour before America felt threatened enough to enter WWII) and I think wars before that that we've fought in before that America didn't join in.

I miss the World News thread. @TrashyMG locked it during the 2020 US presidential election, and it hasn't come back yet.

Anyway, it looks like Russia might invade the Ukraine before the Super Bowl. Darn it, Russia, our troops were all planning on watching the Super Bowl. Don't be a party pooper.
If people keep it civil and not post racist crap I'll keep a thread open. If not I'll lock it.

President Biden is supposed to have a phone call with Putin in about twelve hours. Let’s see where this goes…

That's probably true for all the wars that we and the Americans have been involved in during my adulthood, but I'm less sure about the Vietnam War and I'm pretty sure the World Wars were more about ideology than money (although it took the Japanese blowing up all the planes and ships at pearl harbour before America felt threatened enough to enter WWII) and I think wars before that that we've fought in before that America didn't join in.
The first World War is one of the main reasons that the Fed now owns the world. The first World War was definitely a banker's war, with USA providing both sides of the war with weapons in order to hoard gold and set up it's Dollar scam. The ideology behind WWⅠ (as far as the USA was concerned) was to get rich at any cost.

not post racist crap

Don't worry I've been studying the following book so I'll only post quality racism.

A_Practical_Guide_to_Racism.jpg

The first World War is one of the main reasons that the Fed now owns the world. The first World War was definitely a banker's war, with USA providing both sides of the war with weapons in order to hoard gold and set up it's Dollar scam. The ideology behind WWⅠ (as far as the USA was concerned) was to get rich at any cost.
Well it worked. Kudos.

Yes, America saw the fighting as a way to get rick quickly at the start of the war, but it only took a few little boats supplying them to be torpedoed by uboats, which apparently caused a number of Americans to go hungry to make them see the error of they ways and to help the allies defeat the kraut. Choosing not to go hungry is a form of ideology.

This article says the invasion might start Wednesday. Fav quote:
“The hysteria of the White House is more indicative than ever,” said Maria Zakharova, a Russian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman. “The Anglo-Saxons need a war. At any cost. Provocations, misinformation and threats are a favorite method of solving their own problems.”

• Wow
Reactions: rSl

UK minister says there is "a whiff of Munich in the air" as countries double down on diplomacy with Russia​

EvilDragon, your Munich is stinky, get someone in there to clean it up.

President Biden is set to address the nation about Russia and Ukraine today.

My therapist says Russia just wants to stop Ukraine from joining NATO in order to avoid World War Three.

My therapist says Russia just wants to stop Ukraine from joining NATO in order to avoid World War Three.
That would only make sense if Europe and NATO want to start WW3. I don't think Europe is in the position to think that's a good idea (probably most others countries also don't like war).
Meanwhile Russia pro-actively puts an army around a country because years ago that country stated they would like to join NATO.
And it doesn't want to have NATO countries around it's border like Estonia and Latvia. Sure Ukraine is a lot bigger, but much a lot of countries around Ukraine are part of NATO already.
Ukraine and other bordering countries (Azerbaijan, Georgia, Kazakhstan) are working with NATO already, just like Russia. Although it officially does the less cooperation according to NATO.
(Overview: https://www.nato.int/cps/en/natohq/51288.htm )

More NATO 'news':
Also in October 2021, Russia decided to suspend the work of its diplomatic mission to NATO, and required NATO to suspend its Military Liaison Mission in Moscow and cease the functioning of the NATO Information Office in Moscow. NATO regrets Russia’s decision; nevertheless, NATO’s policy towards Russia remains consistent. The Alliance has strengthened its deterrence and defence in response to Russia’s aggressive actions, while at the same time remaining open to dialogue. This dual-track approach does not change.
Source: https://www.nato.int/cps/en/natohq/topics_50090.htm?

Meanwhile in Russia:
"'Of course' Russia doesn't want war, Putin said. But it 'cannot turn a blind eye' to how Washington and NATO 'freely interpret' the principle of the indivisibility of security — that no country should strengthen its security at the expense of others."
Source: https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2022...d-de-escalation-following-scholz-talks-a76396

I just read this article that interviewed a bunch of former US intelligence officers about Putin. The most interesting guy said that Putin is just afraid what happened in Libya might happen in Russia.

Putin says the situation in Donbas is genocide. For someone who doesn’t want to invade, he sure likes keeping the option open.

President Biden says a Russian invasion of Ukraine will happen in the next several days.

I hope we can count on him not to escalate the situation further, should something happen. Ukraine isn’t worth getting nuked over.

The Russian embassy in Kyiv is smoking. People say they’re burning documents in case they get stormed by Ukrainian forces during an upcoming conflict.

Back