Want To See Panmame Ported To The Caanoo?

DJRoby4

Hello guys, I'm today asking for a donation, not for me, but for mcobit. I asked him a port of PanMame to the Caanoo and he replied that he can try to port PanMame to the caanoo wich would be one of the best things ever happened to this fantastic console. In case of fail of the port, he will give back the caanoo, since he can not promise anything because it is a very difficult port.
So, what can we do? Or donate a Caanoo or make a big donation with sufficent money to let him get a caanoo.
Sorry for my bad english and, very important:
Write this message on all the local boards! Francophone, spanish, russian or every website or forum you know that is interested in open handhelds.
This is the original topic!
PanMame on the Pandora Boards
Thanks for you eventual support,
Roberto! :D

DJRoby4 said:
Hello guys, I'm today asking for a donation, not for me, but for mcobit. I asked him a port of PanMame to the Caanoo and he replied that he can try to port PanMame to the caanoo wich would be one of the best things ever happened to this fantastic console. In case of fail of the port, he will give back the caanoo, since he can not promise anything because it is a very difficult port.
So, what can we do? Or donate a Caanoo or make a big donation with sufficent money to let him get a caanoo.
Sorry for my bad english and, very important:
Write this message on all the local boards! Francophone, spanish, russian or every website or forum you know that is interested in open handhelds.
This is the original topic!
PanMame on the Pandora Boards
Thanks for you eventual support,
Roberto! :D
Seriously why do you want panmame on caanoo,isn't mame4all good enough it does play alot of games.
I don't think panmae play alot of games different to mame4all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually it plays a lot more games, but we already found a caanoo on the italian board :D

DJRoby4 said:
Actually it plays a lot more games, but we already found a caanoo on the italian board :D

That is really great, I just read this post and was calculating about how much I could donate to the cause.
But it seems it is resolved now and he is going to give a try? Real nice.

I don´t really play much of the mame on caanoo as of yet, but I take any release to the caanoo must be supported.
I have tried to convince some coders to do ports of their programs to the caanoo too, most of them ask for a console to do so and I alone can´t afford it.

I know, that is a very big problem... but we're now going to get (maybe) panMame and an updated Fba2x, thanks to two donations (BaFelton - Zip) :D

DJRoby4 said:
I know, that is a very big problem... but we're now going to get (maybe) panMame and an updated Fba2x, thanks to two donations (BaFelton - Zip) :D

You know, this almost makes me feel like if we had a spare development caanoo (bought in conjuction amongst us or donated) that we could be sending to devs in need and getting it back later to resend to another dev in need we could add a few apps to the caanoo software range.

Sure this would require ´work´ from the guy/team managing such thing.

Congrats on the couse DJRoby4! Mcobit is quite a respectable guy down the pandora forum and I´m sure he will take this attempt heartly.
It would be nice if he could post his ´progress´ around here, if converting such is actually possible.
That way maybe we can all do a little help too?

I don't know... but still nothing shipped to mcobit (need to fix the caanoo, it's a bit messed up) and then we will send it to him :D

Since the caanoo that we are sending to mcobit is a bit messed up we are fixing it. We will surely send it as soon as possible. In the meantime I think BaFelton has sent already his caanoo to dave...

I recieved the Caanoo from Zip.
Thanks for trusting me :)

I have the sdk set up and now I just need to find some time for compiling and testing.
But I should have something after the weekend.

Will make a new thread then.

Performancewise I cannot promise anything, as the Pandora has a bit more speed to it, but well, let's see.

Thanks mcobit! You're great! :D
I feel useful for a time! xD
And, most, very thanks to Zip and Bafelton! :D :D

I am not demanding anything, just ask, any project progresses?

13 days and still nothing. I do not want to talk like a pessimistic person but dave18 just need a couple of days to get is port ... perhaps never see this emulator in Caanoo (hope I'm wrong) but we don't have news or an image on the progress :( ...

Hei man, it's an emulator! Watch the dave one... is still awful and pretty unplayable! Keep going mcobit! :D

Cory said:
13 days and still nothing.

And it may take longer, understand these are all side projects on people´s life and time is always an issue.
I´m glad MCobit took the challenge, he is very capable and have all my praises!

Do not get me wrong, it's just mcobit don't tells us nothing :( . Hope we can see a great emulator

Back