Caanoo-Opentyrian : Opentyrian Ported To Caanoo V1.1

zx-81

Certified Guru
Website
zx81.zx81.free.fr
caanoo-tyrian.jpg

Hi All,

OpenTyrian is a port of the DOS shoot-em-up Tyrian. Jason Emery generously gave the OpenTyrian developers a copy of the Tyrian 2.1 source code, which has since been ported from Turbo Pascal to C. The port uses SDL, making it easily cross-platform.

See http://code.google.com/p/opentyrian/ for details.

Tyrian is an arcade-style vertical scrolling shooter.

Here is port on Caanoo of the previous Wiz version :

it's on my blog ...

Enjoy,

Zx.

zx-81 said:
caanoo-tyrian.jpg

Hi All,

OpenTyrian is a port of the DOS shoot-em-up Tyrian. Jason Emery generously gave the OpenTyrian developers a copy of the Tyrian 2.1 source code, which has since been ported from Turbo Pascal to C. The port uses SDL, making it easily cross-platform.

See http://code.google.com/p/opentyrian/ for details.

Tyrian is an arcade-style vertical scrolling shooter.

Here is port on Caanoo of the previous Wiz version :

it's on my blog ...

Enjoy,

Zx.

Now THIS is awesome. Looks fantastic, sounds fantastic, runs like a dream. Thanks a million for this ZX-81, you're a star.

Quick question though, are the toggles for full-screen and scaling supposed to work? I wanted to check it out at original res, but options don't seem to change.

Either way, excellent job :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to see you enjoy this port :). The toggles for full-screen and scaling doesn't work. I can add a mode with original scaling, but it's just too small ..

zx-81 said:
Glad to see you enjoy this port :) . The toggles for full-screen and scaling doesn't work. I can add a mode with original scaling, but it's just too small ..

Wasn't the original Tyrian 320 x 200? That'd mean that only 40 pixels worth of height would be left blank, which is not at all bad compared to say, Gameboy Advance games, especially if it was 20 pixels at the top of the screen and 20 at the bottom.

In any case, the game is great as it is anyway, and I certainly appreciate your hard work!

Last edited by a moderator:
god i love this game :)
first time i played from full charge till the battery ran out on my caanoo...
thanks for this!

Back