Wanna Play Your Ps1 Games On Psp?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I finally finished the first disc of FF7 ( only took 16 hours :p )

I can now personally confirm that loading previous saves works on the second disc :D

Now excuse me while I go after that bastard Sephiroth..

I can now personally confirm that loading previous saves works on the second disc :D

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

You rock well and true, subcon959 B)

Hrm... looks like the PSPs control pad isn't quite up to snuff for some games. It doesn't seem to reliably detect simultaneous presses in the emulator, so things like the spells in SotN are hard/impossible to pull off... Anyone else having this problem?

I had the same problem with games like Street Fighter Alpha/Zero 3. I bought this. Also you can use the analog stick as well by hitting the "Home" button and changing the controls. I would recommend getting some of those pads though. They just stick right on top. Feels so much better and it's easy to use diagonals on the dpad now. The psp D-pad looks raised somewhat though, since the add on pad lays on top of the psp d-pad, but it doesn't bother me.

Hey, that looks cool. I may pick them up. The question I have, though... do you know if they still work if you have a shell on your psp?

Seconded!

I am about at the end of the first disc, wasting too much time in the Shinra Mansion.

This game is as much fun every time I play it through! But on a handheld...

What games are next for you FF fans! Is it really true that FF8 breaks down into the game? Gran Tourismo works nicely, anyone tried any Tomb Raiders?

I think one of the compatibility lists said that Tomb Raider 1 doesn't work. (Which doesn't really bother me, as I can't stand the precision jumping and crate puzzles!)

Has anyone had any success converting a Pal version of Die Hard Trilogy to NTSC? I'm just weighing up whether to buy it again, or to look for an NTSC torrent.

>>EDIT

Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation = Works, but freezes past menu (NTSC)
Tomb Raider II = Doesn't Work (PAL)
Tomb Raider III = Works (NTSC)
Tomb Raider V = Works (NTSC)

Hrm... looks like the PSPs control pad isn't quite up to snuff for some games. It doesn't seem to reliably detect simultaneous presses in the emulator, so things like the spells in SotN are hard/impossible to pull off... Anyone else having this problem?

I had the same problem with games like Street Fighter Alpha/Zero 3. I bought this. Also you can use the analog stick as well by hitting the "Home" button and changing the controls. I would recommend getting some of those pads though. They just stick right on top. Feels so much better and it's easy to use diagonals on the dpad now. The psp D-pad looks raised somewhat though, since the add on pad lays on top of the psp d-pad, but it doesn't bother me.

Hey, that looks cool. I may pick them up. The question I have, though... do you know if they still work if you have a shell on your psp?

For the dpad it should fit fine since they are the same width and height. Now for the analog replacements that I am not sure of...sorry.

I think one of the compatibility lists said that Tomb Raider 1 doesn't work. (Which doesn't really bother me, as I can't stand the precision jumping and crate puzzles!)

Has anyone had any success converting a Pal version of Die Hard Trilogy to NTSC? I'm just weighing up whether to buy it again, or to look for an NTSC torrent.

>>EDIT

Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation = Works, but freezes past menu (NTSC)
Tomb Raider II = Doesn't Work (PAL)
Tomb Raider III = Works (NTSC)
Tomb Raider V = Works (NTSC)

Thanks, I just read through that list on Maxconsole and it revived so many memories. How could I have forgotten Porsche Challenge???

:eek: I just bought that on Ebay last night! It's the game I want to play most and I was having no luck downloading it!

Seconded!

I am about at the end of the first disc, wasting too much time in the Shinra Mansion.

What games are next for you FF fans! Is it really true that FF8 breaks down into the game? Gran Tourismo works nicely, anyone tried any Tomb Raiders?

Unfortunately so. It's against the boss on the tower, the one where you draw siren.

Seconded!

Unfortunately so. It's against the boss on the tower, the one where you draw siren.

Yeah, skip it and go to 9 .. it's tons better.

Seconded!

Maybe it will work with the new 3.03 OE A firmware thats being worked on (as 3.03's PSX Emu supports more games) ;)

I just hope this current hacked firmware doesn't make Sony lose interest in improving the emulator. Word seems to be spreading like wildfire that you can play any PSX game already, so I'm not sure how many people will be willing to wait for Sony updates and official releases just so they can buy/play games they already own.

Seconded!

get out now.

I just hope this current hacked firmware doesn't make Sony lose interest in improving the emulator. Word seems to be spreading like wildfire that you can play any PSX game already, so I'm not sure how many people will be willing to wait for Sony updates and official releases just so they can buy/play games they already own.
There are tons of PSP users who have no idea that the console can even be made to run these hacked firmwares--let alone how to install them, if they did. As it stands now, though, I suspect sales are very low just because you need a PS3 to buy the PSX games.

There are tons of PSP users who have no idea that the console can even be made to run these hacked firmwares--let alone how to install them, if they did. As it stands now, though, I suspect sales are very low just because you need a PS3 to buy the PSX games.
True, I'm just going by the current massive influx of newbies over at various PSP communities. Most of them have no idea about homebrew but heard about PSX games and want to play them. Unfortunately, nearly all of them have updated their firmwares beyond the point of no return, lol.

i added pics and sound to final fantasy 7 adn made a video fo it. this video also shows the missing swirly bit before random battles :eek::O:O not worth playing it now without them.

Heres the video ------>HERE

Back