Ps1 Games On Psp Help Needed

RyokoSparda

Still Fresh
My PSP has Dark AleX 3.40 and I'm having trouble putting PS1 iso's on it, I downloaded PSX2PSP which bitches about a Base.pbp everytime I try and use it, I assume thats the thing you need for popstation from Hotshots golf?,

anyway I also got popsconv which I was told does everything without any extras needed, but everything I have converted with it just gives me a black screen when I try to load it.

I have been making the iso with Magiciso and K3B, have tryed an original US version of F7, a Jap Tenchu and a UK Soul Blade with no success please help.

Soul Edge was also known as Soul Blade and it's the first game in the Soul Caliber series it had a very nice intro on it aswell one of the best i've seen on the PS1

Is FF7 easy to use on the PSP cos of the multiply discs or is there something you have to do to continue to the next disc?

piemaster said:
Is FF7 easy to use on the PSP cos of the multiply discs or is there something you have to do to continue to the next disc?
Easy :) You get to save before changing discs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im on the second disc on FFIX runs beatifully

I heard FF8 is finally running without crashing aswell using a custom gameid that triggers patches in SONY's PSONE emulator

I bet Sony is pished off about this now... instead of charging people to download the PSX games everyone converts their own now for free :D

norm said:
it you install a darkalex fw are you still able to use homebrew apps nd games
yup anything that runs in a 1.50 or 3.XX kernal (depending on fw, I suggest 3.40 oe-a, which has 3.40 and 1.50 kernal)

norm said:
can you downgrade the fw easily? cos i fink the one im buyin is 2.x
It looks as if you worked very hard to type like that. <_<

Short answer: no. It's best to have 1.71 or earlier .. there are downgraders, but they're very risky to use.

TelcoLou said:
norm said:
can you downgrade the fw easily? cos i fink the one im buyin is 2.x
It looks as if you worked very hard to type like that. <_<

Short answer: no. It's best to have 1.71 or earlier .. there are downgraders, but they're very risky to use.

:lol: I didn't even know there was 1.71!
and norm, don't strain yourself..

Back