Wanna Play Your Ps1 Games On Psp?

lol, just recently I had to replace the entirety of the analog (assembly too) and the faceplate.

Goity posted on Dec 27 2006 at 09:27 PM said:
lol, just recently I had to replace the entirety of the analog (assembly too) and the faceplate.
I like opening it up and taking it to bits. It's fun :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I must say I'm impressed with my ability to do this. It is NOT easy as others have said, but it's not rocket science either. My head hurts right now, no shit.

But anyway, it loaded and started to play hotshots golf 2, all seems ok. Just one thing left ... I tried, but my search criteria was off most likely ... what do I need to look for in a GUI converter for my Lunar PS1 disc? And also to use custom game images?

Thanks again for all your help. :D

Edit: I found it :D

lubidog posted on Dec 27 2006 at 02:20 PM said:
Just read all this. I'm stunned.

I love my 1.5 psp...

Can anyone answer me this quick question? I am running on 1.5 with devhook. Can I just start with the this version of Dark Alex's freeware, or should I upgrade by degrees?

I have looked on the other forums, but they don't tell me...

You need to update to 3.02 OE-A then update to 3.02 OE-B.... its 10 times better than 1.5, trust me :)

ok just ordered a new PSP £101.78 delivered.
wheres a good place for a memory stick is it a duo that i need?

ta

I finally got everything working aswell :D

Over at maxconsole they got a thread full artwork for PSX games so when ypu generate EBOOT it gets rid of that hotshot pic

Vagrant Story looks brilliant on the psp seriously it is the best game I'v ever played on my PSP

IF anyone has any problems getting this setup PM me as I know how frustrating it can when something doesnt work

OmarNawaz posted on Dec 27 2006 at 10:28 PM said:
I finally got everything working aswell :D

Over at maxconsole they got a thread full artwork for PSX games so when ypu generate EBOOT it gets rid of that hotshot pic

Vagrant Story looks brilliant on the psp seriously it is the best game I'v ever played on my PSP

IF anyone has any problems getting this setup PM me as I know how frustrating it can when something doesnt work

I may have to take you up on that offer in the near future :)

Moz I sent you a pm regarding the duo's (it does indeed need pro duo's btw)

Q: What folder(s) can I now delete after this awesome upgrade? (I'm assuming I'll never need to update again, so I want to save as much space on my card as possible)

DaveC posted on Dec 25 2006 at 09:51 PM said:
Steve-O posted on Dec 26 2006 at 01:48 AM said:
to fix MGS Pal use a PAL to NTSC converter :)

hhmmm after this release I think the PSP will become the daddy of all hand helds

Yeah probably the beginning of the end for the Gp2X. Oh well fun while it lasted. Too bad GP2X never even got full speed NES.

Hey, who cares! It can be half the correct speed as long as the screen is not blurry and of the correct aspect ratio, right?

TelcoLou posted on Dec 27 2006 at 11:01 PM said:
Q: What folder(s) can I now delete after this awesome upgrade? (I'm assuming I'll never need to update again, so I want to save as much space on my card as possible)

To clarify: I figured out how to hide those corrupt icons; I need to know if I can delete the update folders ...

TelcoLou posted on Dec 27 2006 at 11:57 PM said:
TelcoLou posted on Dec 27 2006 at 11:01 PM said:

To clarify: I figured out how to hide those corrupt icons; I need to know if I can delete the update folders ...
Yeah, anything used to update can be removed once you're done updating. Though I suggest you copy the stuff to your hard drive and keep it in case you need it anytime. ;)

I'm interested in some of the technical aspects of the PSP PS1 emulator.

1). What speed does the PSP run at? 333Mhz? or the standard 222Mhz? Using both CPUs?
2). Is it using a dyna-rec or just interpretation?
3). Is there any possibility of seeing a PS1 emulator of this calibur on the GP2X?

It's kind of nice playing PS1 games on my PSP - my PS1 has been packed away for years now and I don't think I could fit another console around my TV anyway.

slaanesh posted on Dec 28 2006 at 06:39 AM said:
I'm interested in some of the technical aspects of the PSP PS1 emulator.

3). Is there any possibility of seeing a PS1 emulator of this calibur on the GP2X?

It's kind of nice playing PS1 games on my PSP - my PS1 has been packed away for years now and I don't think I could fit another console around my TV anyway.

I doubt it. The reason it works is likely that both systems use Mips CPUs and the 3D hardware is likely a big help too.

I find it funny the most active part of the GP2X board these days is about the PSP. It looks like Sony has won the battle here, but lost the battle against the hackers ;)

Steve-O posted on Dec 26 2006 at 11:31 PM said:
TelcoLou posted on Dec 26 2006 at 10:04 PM said:
Steve-O posted on Dec 26 2006 at 05:36 AM said:
Its nothing harder than what you would do on the GP2x / GP32 you just put the a game / emu on your memory stick and boot it from the game menu on the PSP ;)

... After reading the posts following yours, I must :lol: :lol: :lol: at this statement ...

Seriously its not hard ;)... If you know how to use a GP32 / GP2x you can easilly use a PSP for homebrew :)

Cup, is this what your looking for ?? http://csfreakno1.pytalhost.de/download/OE...ller/index.html

3.02 OE A Easy Installer? Heres the Thread on Maxconsole the maker made about it http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.ph...=3.02+installer

But use at your Own risk, Check the MD5 of the Daxr file thing to make sure its original (It should be as he makes lost of easy installers for the community)

thanks very much steve-o, gonna try it later, cheers.

Hello!

Well, here I am. I have the proper firmware on my PSP, I have followed the popstation guide to the letter and have generated an EBOOT and Keys.bin etc. from following the cmd line instructions. I have then copied these two things over to the mem stick. I switch on the PSP, go to the game menu, click on meory card and it tells me there is no game there.

The Keys file wasn't Keys.bin, so I renamed it. This Keys file is from Hotshots? Should I put the base.pbp file on the memnory stick. What is XMB or whatever it's called?

I've spent two days getting this far. I really wanna crack it.....

Thanks for the help till now!

do 4GB cards work in the PSP, *found* a seller on ebay (cheers triksR4rabits
)

obviously they are fake

lubidog posted on Dec 28 2006 at 03:02 PM said:
Hello!

Well, here I am. I have the proper firmware on my PSP, I have followed the popstation guide to the letter and have generated an EBOOT and Keys.bin etc. from following the cmd line instructions. I have then copied these two things over to the mem stick. I switch on the PSP, go to the game menu, click on meory card and it tells me there is no game there.

The Keys file wasn't Keys.bin, so I renamed it. This Keys file is from Hotshots? Should I put the base.pbp file on the memnory stick. What is XMB or whatever it's called?

I've spent two days getting this far. I really wanna crack it.....

Thanks for the help till now!
Where on the mem stick did you put them? They should be in their own folder in /PSP/GAMES/

The XMB is just the PSP menu system.

moz posted on Dec 28 2006 at 03:02 PM said:
do 4GB cards work in the PSP, *found* a seller on ebay (cheers triksR4rabits
)

obviously they are fake
Yep, with the size of these games it's handy to have a 4GB stick. I got mine from ebay too and it works great.

Well, I have the FF7 working fantastically.

But (and believe me I have looked!!!!) how do you run more than one game and save it? I only want a couple on there so I'm not bothered about all these weird programmes that will give me pretty pictures in the menu. I just wanna run a few games and save them fine.

Any one have any links or ideas?

(I love you all!)

Back