Wanna Play Your Ps1 Games On Psp?

Someone end the misery and get me a PSP! ;P
This is great news! I've been hoping for this to be done. Dark Alex took a lot of risks to do this publically.
Finally a PS1 emulator that's usable on handhelds. I also want to note that this emulator "strangely" has a plugin system and has a GPU and SPU plugin. Unai needs to teach Sony how to fix that Tony Hawk polygon bug!

YAY! Great present! :)

I'm getting a TA-082 psp, though both 1.5 and 3.02 can be emulated (it's 2.71). Anyone know if I will I be able to boot this new firmware and bask in ps1 glory? (note: the psp's coming later this week; got it off a friend, so I can't try it myself yet)

please say yes.... :D

EDIT: many thanks for the quick answer subcon959 :)

Nope sorry, TA-082's are the Devil. You'll be able to do most other things though, as long as it's 2.71 or less.

I've tried converting a few of the PAL games I ripped and there was graphical corruption and the screen position was screwed up. However, I just tried converting my PAL Tekken 3 to NTSC before using the EBOOT maker and it got rid of all the corruption and the screen position is almost perfect :)

subcon959 posted on Dec 25 2006 at 10:11 PM said:
Nope sorry, TA-082's are the Devil. You'll be able to do most other things though, as long as it's 2.71 or less.

I've tried converting a few of the PAL games I ripped and there was graphical corruption and the screen position was screwed up. However, I just tried converting my PAL Tekken 3 to NTSC before using the EBOOT maker and it got rid of all the corruption and the screen position is almost perfect :)

Did your tekken 3 play the intro ? Mine dosnt i need to keep pressing start to skip the intro otherwise it gos black and freezes. Heres a video of the gameplay tho :D---->TEKKEN 3

Also heres a pal bushido blade video wich has the picture position problem like its too low. And me being absolute shite at it :p --------->BUSHIDO BLADE

and heres a metal gear solid pal version wich has jerky intro and the screen position problem ------>METAL GEAR SOLID

Last edited by a moderator:
I just converted a ff7 iso to bin as it woudlnt work in popstation. Then i converted it with popstation to eboot.

It starts to load and the playstation start up htingy comes on but it dosnt have any writing under it like usual and it dosnt load any further. Anyone any idea how to fix that ?

full speed PSX, homemade iso's!

oooer, the Jedi are going to feel this one

mmm how much is one of these PSP+1GB stick then in the sales?

to fix MGS Pal use a PAL to NTSC converter :)

hhmmm after this release I think the PSP will become the daddy of all hand helds

moz posted on Dec 25 2006 at 10:16 PM said:
full speed PSX, homemade iso's!

oooer, the Jedi are going to feel this one

mmm how much is one of these PSP+1GB stick then in the sales?

Don't know how available they are in the UK but it's quite difficult (read: expensive) to get one in the states. Well, not that expensive, but you'll prob end up paying the same price for a used 1.5 psp as you will a new one.

If you're planning on getting one moz, be sure to get a psp with one of the older boards (not a TA-082 like mine; these can't be downgraded atm). Simple walkthrough to find out if a psp is a ta-082 here.

Also, if the psp is not a TA-082, be sure it's AT MOST 2.71 firmware (these can be downgraded to 1.5, which is the ideal firmware); any firmware higher than that is incapable of running homebrew.

Gig sticks vary wildly in price; I suggest sites like newegg.com and ebay to find some good deals (have yet to try em, but I saw a bunch of new 2 gig duo's running for about 35 usd on ebay; a ridiculous bargain, though these are from china...).

happy hunting!

Steve-O posted on Dec 26 2006 at 01:48 AM said:

hhmmm after this release I think the PSP will become the daddy of all hand helds

Yeah probably the beginning of the end for the Gp2X. Oh well fun while it lasted. Too bad GP2X never even got full speed NES.

DaveC posted on Dec 26 2006 at 02:51 AM said:

Yeah probably the beginning of the end for the Gp2X. Oh well fun while it lasted. Too bad GP2X never even got full speed NES.
fuck off and upgrade you sick bastard

DaveC posted on Dec 25 2006 at 09:51 PM said:

At first I thought this was sarcasm, then I read Goity's post... was that sarcasm too?

- Alex

Alex. posted on Dec 25 2006 at 10:08 PM said:
DaveC posted on Dec 25 2006 at 09:51 PM said:

At first I thought this was sarcasm, then I read Goity's post... was that sarcasm too?

- Alex

Hmm ... I find it interesting that this community seems to be embracing piracy, Interesting indeed. <_<

I think I'll wait until I can get these games on my PSP legally ... it's just morally wrong to do otherwise.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Nah, I just can't be arsed to fuck around with loaders, Eboots, or cracks or whatever it is you smart-ass kids these days use to trick your expensive, blurry-screened handhelds into playing old PS1 games.

fuckin seriously, at almost 19 i still have no idea whats going on

towelie.jpg

:huh:

Sony, help us hack idiots out! :lol:

TelcoLou posted on Dec 26 2006 at 03:15 AM said:
Hmm ... I find it interesting that this community seems to be embracing piracy, Interesting indeed. <_<

I think I'll wait until I can get these games on my PSP legally ... it's just morally wrong to do otherwise.

Its Not Morally wrong as I own these PSX games... Whats Morally wrong is Sony Charging you to buy the PS1 games you already own to play them on the PSP ;)... Also, This community is nearly all about Piracy ;) Im guessing 99.9% of you have games on your GP32 / GP2x that you dont own ;)

TelcoLou posted on Dec 26 2006 at 03:15 AM said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Nah, I just can't be arsed to fuck around with loaders, Eboots, or cracks or whatever it is you smart-ass kids these days use to trick your expensive, blurry-screened handhelds into playing old PS1 games.

Its nothing harder than what you would do on the GP2x / GP32 you just put the a game / emu on your memory stick and boot it from the game menu on the PSP ;)

im trying to update to 3.02 oe-a and for some reason when im using the dxar update maker it just takes forever then turns its self off, i tried one of the easy installer .exe things but it gets to 37% then i get programme not responding, ive formatted my memory stick and still nothing, any help would be appreciated, on the dxar update maker i get as far as 'extracting and packing 3.02 firmware, then nothing.

Damn, I think you best just leave it then. I'm not sure what the reason is for that happening but if the same thing happens during the flashing then you'll totally brick your PSP.

Edit: Well, I guess the obvious question is do you have enough free space on the memory stick? If it's the 32MB one then it's not big enough. If that's not it then maybe it's a fake?

Back