Update VICE 3.2 SDL1 and SDL2

my release was based on the 2.4 release sources, anything significant changes you know about that you picked up from the SVN?

2.4 was released 2012, there's been a ton of updates, mostly to support new and old hardware (Jiffydos, IDE64, etc) and the typical maintenance for dozens of plattforms. Some features like detachable hardware (Tape) or Snapshot that records everything, is very usefull for debugging.

Somehow I'm having trouble getting The Wild Bunch to run.. I had the same issue on my hardware C64 but after changing some setting on my 1541U-II it suddenly worked... I'm clue-less, what can it be?

http://csdb.dk/release/?id=41462

I tested myself and it doesn't work. It happens with some demos and some games. Trying to make a list to report upstream.

Reactions: rSl
FYI, got disk images to work. Had to select the 1541 II as my drive and it works now. Nice to have a pocket C64 that I can type with finally!

Thanks!

I like this emulator so much, the sound emulation is superb.
Is there a way to change VICII border mode without resetting the game?
Is there a way to set default Autostart image path?

Changelog

- Latest beta release, based on r31913.
- Thanks to groepaz and Blacky_Stardust VICE devs for helping fixing a segfault.
- Updated libs and sources.

Changelog

- Latest beta release, based on r31931.
- Another talk at IRC, and 3 more segfaults fixed related to xcbm5x0, vsid, x64, x64dtv and x128.
- Updates sources.

As you can notice from previous post I do not use the C64 emu on the Pandora much, I love the new 1541 UII cartridge firmware which alows me to connect to the real hardware over network instead ;)

But anyway, If the screen can do 50Hz and the Emu is 50 Hz, why would a Vsync be needed?

Aight, thanks. I thought they might just lock on the first raster line or something like other digital signal to screen systems such as SDI and DVI/HDMI. Excuse my ignorance ;)

You can see the issue mostly with games that use scrolling. Try Ghosts N Goblins for example. On your version, the scrolling is choppy while it's perfectly smooth on Pickles Vice version.

I think you're missing Doublebuffering with VSync (I already tried setting the LCD to 50Hz, but it didn't work) and afair Pickle had issues with Doublebuffering and Vice at first as well (it only shows a black screen).

No idea how he fixed that though.

Back