Caanoo / WIZ Velvet Wiz

jacksterson

I seem to be making a lot of topics, I'm sorry. But I wanted to make this last one for the skin pack I plan to release.

In it, there will be 5 color schemes, the first of which I have now completed enough for a beta is the Red and Black scheme, made to go with the actual color scheme of the hardware.

The skin pack is completely open for editing, but please give me credit if you keep any icons or backgrounds. I would do the same for you :)

Below is a preview of all the icons and backgrounds I have made (all completely original) along with a link to the Beta download of the Red Velvet theme.

Main Screen
Main.png

Entertainment Menu
Enter.png

List
list.png

Calculator (All original)
calculator.png

*NOTE*
Please do not upload to the archive, as it is merely a Beta, and I would like the feedback of the community first, and I plan to release it with the other schemes anyways.

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/948715/Wiz%20And%20You/Velvet.rar

along with a link to the Beta download of the Red Velvet theme.

Main Screen
Main.png

Entertainment Menu
Enter.png

List
list%20alt.png

*NOTE*
Please do not upload to the archive, as it is merely a Beta, and I would like the feedback of the community first, and I plan to release it with the other schemes anyways.

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/948715/Wiz%20And%20You/Velvet.rar
While it's not a huge issue, you can't read the text on the settings screen, because unlike the list screen there's no white fade to make the text visible, but I'm guessing the main menu background and settings background are the same? It's really a non-issue, and so far the theme looks great. =D

Last edited by a moderator:
While it's not a huge issue, you can't read the text on the settings screen, because unlike the list screen there's no white fade to make the text visible, but I'm guessing the main menu background and settings background are the same? It's really a non-issue, and so far the theme looks great. =D
Well, I still haven't figured out why the list doesn't show up on the settings screen. Poor planning on GPH's part, I presume.

Well, I still haven't figured out why the list doesn't show up on the settings screen. Poor planning on GPH's part, I presume.
No, it does show up, it's just that the background is black and so is the text.

No, looking at the launcher and builtin games menu, theres a different screen. It doesn't show up in the settings screen, because they built it solely for the orange theme. So theres no background there, just the main bg. So unless I can somehow change the font, you're going to have to wait until the skin pack comes out, >< sorry.

Also, updated main post.

No, looking at the launcher and builtin games menu, theres a different screen. It doesn't show up in the settings screen, because they built it solely for the orange theme. So theres no background there, just the main bg. So unless I can somehow change the font, you're going to have to wait until the skin pack comes out, >< sorry.

Also, updated main post.
Oh, yeah. that's what I was saying. No biggie. I don't use the built-in or Wiz Games anyway, since I can't be arsed to write INI files.

One thing that would be a little better if you changed it, I noticed the different colors for the battery meter, but could you make the full charged battery meter whole? Because it looks a lot like it's half empty, the way you've got it, it always looks like it's half empty. maybe have the green be the full battery, the yellow half empty, and then a tiny amount of red near the bottom for almost-dead?

Hm, sorry for the lack of updates. I'm still working on it, just been rather sick this past week. All thats left to do is to redo the ent icons and various system icons and I'll be done.

After that, Duplicate it 4 times and change the colors and I'll release the whole pack :)

Looks good, although I think we all pretty much agree that anything would be better than the native Wiz main menu!

Back