GP2X Gp2X Wiz - Tv-Out Finally Possible !

Hi folks, sorry 4 delay,

but i´m very busy at the moment :(

But now finally i´ve done the upload for a little Howto (make an DIY video cable) and the proper code to switch the GP2x WIZ into the TV-OUT mode.

Important !

Disclaimer:
All modifications at your own risk ! Keep in mind, the warranty of your WIZ will lost at any incorrect modification or a damage as result!

Download: GP2x WIZ TV OUT Solution

Hope, you enjoy it :) .

Best regards
andYMan

Thanks and very well done, andy!
Now I can try and test my newly made TV cable...

Regards,
Stephan

andymanone said:
Hi folks, sorry 4 delay,

but i´m very busy at the moment :(

But now finally i´ve done the upload for a little Howto (make an DIY video cable) and the proper code to switch the GP2x WIZ into the TV-OUT mode.

Important !

Disclaimer:
All modifications at your own risk ! Keep in mind, the warranty of your WIZ will lost at any incorrect modification or a damage as result!

Download: GP2x WIZ TV OUT Solution

Hope, you enjoy it :) .

Best regards
andYMan

That's pretty cool. I don't see why GPH would hold off any longer on releasing an official TV-out cable now that someone has finally made a working TV-out for the Wiz and shown everyone else how to do it. Awesome Job.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any other sources for the connector? Its 30 days shipping from the site provided! Thanks!

fett42 said:
That's pretty cool. I don't see why GPH would hold off any longer on releasing an official TV-out cable now that someone has finally made a working TV-out for the Wiz and shown everyone else how to do it. Awesome Job.

as stated somewhere in the german forums (i think it was andymanone) GPH will not sell any tv-out cables...

StarG said:
Maybe related to to the fact that the gp2x tv-out cables failed the CE test.

Yeah, I thought the same...

I doubt my soldered/heat shrinked covered/hodgepodge TV out cable made from a Samsung cell phone cable would pass any test. But it works :blink:

I'm thinking of buying a few of the connectors from the site mentioned in the pdf. If there are any Aussies who are interested in buying with me, please let me know.
I'd rather buy a half dozen or so of the connectors for the same shipping price than just buy one.

If you want the whole cable made up, I'm happy to build and test the cables work for a price too.

tbh, the TV out cable is not really useful. a guy here on the forums offered to build one - that's how i got mine.

hardly any games/emulators work and if you get an image on your TV it is not scaled correctly, i.e. you dont have the full image but only a part of that displayed. another issue - games that are made with correct tearing fix are rotated on TV but show up correctly on wiz :huh:

it's sad but true, it's not worth the effort building it.

Damian IW said:
Does the caanoo tv out cable work on the wiz ?

Yep I have it and it works for both.

LTStone said:
Damian IW said:
Does the caanoo tv out cable work on the wiz ?

Yep I have it and it works for both.

Thanks - is there still the restriction on what will or wont work on it as suggested above

I can run Pocket snes, uae4all, Gba(but its scaled down), Picodrive, Neorage, PhoneMe, Cps2, NES and some others fine with tv-out, But not Mame, FBA, and C64 yet..

Wow thanks worth getting then, meant to ask what about movies - and can you charge it whilst using the video cable ?

Back