GP32 Mythic Chess

One more thing about the new board format.

The pieces are now distributed in a single file for the new format. The pieces are arranged in two rows in the order rook, knight, bishop, king, queen, pawn. The first row is for the white pieces and the second row is for the black pieces.

I'd love to make some sets for this game as a designer I feel a bit useless a lot of the time in the GP32 community! Are there any templates for Photoshop etc which I can download to use?

®

I've started work on a board but I don't know how I can test it in game does anyone know how?

Cheers

mattmagoo posted on Aug 20 2004 at 08:21 PM said:
shotgun blue and red coz i just dun em

You wouldn't happen to be a Nintendo fan or anything like that would you :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I have Exp with adobe,corel,claris,marco,nusis,quicktime.

But with the Fuck do we need more dumb chess programs Snes made like 12 of them or something it's driving me crazy. They're all the same with small improvements hear or there.

make something usefull like a hacking program or a screen saver or something.We won't get sick of in 3.4 minutes.

But with the Fuck do we need more dumb chess programs Snes made like 12 of them or something it's driving me crazy. They're all the same with small improvements hear or there.

make something usefull like a hacking program or a screen saver or something.We won't get sick of in 3.4 minutes.

Mythic Chess is great. If you don't like chess, don't play it, no one is forcing you to. Why should it drive you crazy? A helluva lot of people DO like chess and this is the best you can get on GP32.

And how would you not get sick of a SCREENSAVER? Why would a GP32 need one FFS? Hardly "something useful."

Sorry, it's 3am here, I have the flu, and these ungrateful posts really piss me off.

Do you think spongblu will help me with my RPG programming/project?

he can choose what he whants to be in charge of
Why don't you PM people with questions instead of spamming in threads that have nothing to do with your 'project'.

Any news about Mythic Chess being updated? It's a great game but without difficulty settings it's useless to me (I suck at chess, but still like to play it :))

Any news about Mythic Chess being updated? It's a great game but without difficulty settings it's useless to me (I suck at chess, but still like to play it :))

Hmm...Mythic Chess does not have difficulty levels? It's been a little while since I worked on it but I seem to remeber it having difficulty levels.

I'm in the process of downloading this game, and I have to say it looks good. One thing that I would recommend is .pgn support. This is a feature that distinguishes a good chess game from a great one. (pgn is portable game notation and is the standard in most pc engines for saving/exporting games. it is entirely text-based using the standard algabraic notation. this means you can have *loads* of saved games taking up very little memory space.)
Why do we need to look at saved games? There are massive repositories (university of Pittsburgh has a good one) full of Grandmaster games. Anyone looking to study 'the best move' in a given situation reads many Grandmaster games to see what they did.
Keywords to Google for improvements: Fritz, Chessbase, pgn, algabraic notation.

Looking forward to playing your game, thanks for making a quality chess game for the gp2x!

Edit: I just read on another that you are using the GNUchess engine under the hood. It totally has support for pgn.

Edit2: ugh, this is for gp32. I keep making this mistake. Um... please port?

Back