1st Gp2x Wiz Theme Released!

jacksterson

Crap, this was meant to be posted in the news section, can a mod move it?

DOWNLOAD LINK
http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/wiz.cgi?0,0,0,0,50,84

This theme, albeit extremely unfinished, has been a great experience for me. I myself absolutely love the whole ambiance of the Legends series, so I payed homage to it by making this my first skin for the wiz!

megaman%20body%20preview.png

megaman%20list%20preview.png

I know how to make animated pngs and menu items, but theres a surprising lack of images for the Megaman legends series, so I won't be able to make a completely customized Megaman experience :(

OH WELL.

My next endeavor is more community based, although more generic in style. It'll be more like an alternative default style.

So if anyone has any color scheme requests, put them here, and I'll get to work on them straight-away! And yes, the megaman theme is on hiatus until I can find some good icons. Haha.

EDIT
Here's a preview of the main screen for the generic alternative. It will be available in various color schemes, so get posting what colors you want!

ALL ICONS, DESIGNS AND REDESIGNS ARE MADE BY ME.

Body
Wiz%20Alt%20Body.png

List
list%20alt.png

Peter R posted on May 28 2009 at 05:17 PM) Screenshots would be a good idea (preferably more descriptive than the one with the skin on the archive please said:
Updated the main post. Two new screenshots, they aren't exact, as I had to recreate them in PS, since you can't take screenshots of your wiz's menu haha.

Alright well. Be sure to post your color suggestions, otherwise I'm just going to do a few basic colors and leave it at that.

Agh, if someone can help with icons, I'd appreciate it. I am very bad at pixel art haha.

Last edited by a moderator:
jacksterson posted on May 28 2009 at 08:24 PM said:
Alright well. Be sure to post your color suggestions, otherwise I'm just going to do a few basic colors and leave it at that.
I'm partial to blue + yellow. :)

Promised Planet posted on May 29 2009 at 12:17 PM) [quote="jacksterson posted on May 28 2009 at 08:24 PM said:
I'm partial to blue + yellow. :"]
[/quote]A dark red-on-black theme makes sense, considering the color scheme of the actual unit.

I would also like to see possibly, a minimalist skin of some kind with just simple lines, nothing in the background, etc.

this theme looks good. Anyone test this yet?

b1ueskycomp1ex posted on May 29 2009 at 04:42 PM) [quote="Promised Planet posted on May 29 2009 at 12:17 PM said:
jacksterson posted on May 28 2009 at 08:24 PM said:
I'm partial to blue + yellow. :"]
A dark red-on-black theme makes sense, considering the color scheme of the actual unit.

I would also like to see possibly, a minimalist skin of some kind with just simple lines, nothing in the background, etc.

this theme looks good. Anyone test this yet?[/quote]Well, says there are over 70 downloads of my megaman theme, so I assume SOME people tested it, and I have yet to hear any complaints so thats a good sign :D

Updated the main post, I'm taking a stab at iconing, so everything will be custom made by me. First up is the black and red design you suggested b1.

Thanks fluffy! Hopefully I'll get more views here :D

I gotta be honest, it was a bit disheartening not having any posts in my topic, I'm pretty passionate about this :D

Peter R posted on May 30 2009 at 12:34 PM said:
You won't get many posts as the Wiz is still only a few weeks old.
And yet there's already so much software =D

Back