Unnecesary Keyboard

Lol learn from the bigs and copy the exact same mistakes they made...

Just make an iphone clone... damn why didnt we think of this before...

edit:
Gruso said:
CokeCanNinja said:
Here's an idea, how about we gang-slap this noob?
Now now, it's not like he's asked for PS2 emulation.

Oh snap!

Last edited by a moderator:
CokeCanNinja said:
Here's an idea, how about we gang-slap this noob?
Don't make yourself out to be some kind of martyr here. No one has really flamed you. You proposed an idea, it was calmly explained why it was a bad idea. You repeated the same idea with no new facts to explain yourself, you were forcefully told why it was a bad idea. You came back again with the exact same idea with no change in tactics, so the reasons it is a bad idea were all but jammed down your throat.
Your idea has merit somewhere that isn't here. A Pandora without a keyboard is not a device the people of this community want, it is a device a completely different community wants. Why do you not understand this?

edit: Oh shoot! Pardon my stupidity. I confused you two. :(
Replace all instances of "you" with "SefSermak" in the above ravings, and it works out roughly to what I meant.
sorry about that.

TYPING ON A TOUCHSCREEN MAKES BABY JESUS CRY!!!

edit: FAG

Drak said:
Just throw another touchscreen there and use that as a keyboard.

edit: yep

I say throw another keyboard there. We'll use the speaker output to guess what X11 is trying to tell us.

Would it be only for hacking, the keyboard is a big plus IMO.
If you were using a on screen keyboard you would have to make sure that it work with every emulator (or come up with various solutions).

The keyboard is one of the deciding factors in my decision to purchase. So your lack of purchase is already negated.

If you really want a virtual-keyboard-on-screen device, why not go buy one of the many devices that already meet that requirement?

Caine said:
If you want a Pandora without a keyboard just jailbreak an iPhone and add an iControlPad.

nope, you can't, iControlPad design was patented by apple

Elwing said:
The original design yes, the new design was not. To my understanding, they're still trying to resolve legal issues.

The project is not dead yet, just delayed...

Played c64 on the gp2x with the onscreen keyboard...just a terrible experience (no offence to the developer...they did what they could with that hardware!). But put me in the camp that wants a physical keyboard badly! In fact, can we make it play a loud typewriter sfx whenever I hit a key? Cause that'd be old skool... ;)

Several folks here plan to actually do software dev on the device...no way without a real keyboard, I'd think.

Caine said:
Elwing said:
The original design yes, the new design was not. To my understanding, they're still trying to resolve legal issues.

The project is not dead yet, just delayed...

that's prolly apple plan... if it's delayed enough it is just dead...

Is... Is this some kind of test?

We managed 3 pages without any flaming... :)
A massive improvement, keep up the good work people!

SefSermak said:
This device is cool but the keyboard is just plain unnecessary, making the device larger and even ugly, why not use an on-screen keyboard instead? Come on guys learn from the bigs: Iphone and NDS. I know I will be flamed or hated by the pandora fan boys but the keyborad is one of the reason keeping me from buying this, maybe if they release a Pandora 2.0 without keyboard I will be glad to purchase it.

Developers and people behind pandora: you know your device is wanted, you know this is the device we all wanted since years, but in the looks departament... it just looks like an weir-ugly divice like that NGage thing.

That's all I wanted to say... for now.

Mate, I want the best of both worlds.

Hand-held gaming console & netbook in one.

notpandora.th.jpg
for lolz :lol:

Attachments

• notpandora.th.jpg
    notpandora.th.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 85
The keyboard is going to be very useful. The keymat's quality really impressed me actually. Having a keyboard incorporated allows it to be more of a computer as well as a gaming device.

Back