Unnecesary Keyboard

Prometheus said:
craigix said:
And that's just games, the Pandora is a real portable computer too - imagine not having a keyboard on your PC/Mac.
But virtual reality helmets touch-screens are the future sole computer input!
No.

:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
ahahah said:
the keys are too close each other on the pandora because of the size of the keyboard.
original machines hadn't the same size as the pandora, had they?

do you really think you will have during the games the same easiness to use the pandora keyboard as with the original machines keyboard?

it is more easy to play them with the pad :)
qwerty-xbox-360.jpg

Attachments

• qwerty-xbox-360.jpg
    qwerty-xbox-360.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 98
skeezix said:
crade said:
Get real, how are you going to play Zork without a keyboard?

actually can do pretty well with touchscreen .. I built a wicked system for palmos ... And nowfor pandora :)

jeff
Awesome, what's it called?! I want, please!

Prometheus said:
craigix said:
And that's just games, the Pandora is a real portable computer too - imagine not having a keyboard on your PC/Mac.

Personally I'd only opt for a non kb input if I get caught stealing in an Islamic law country.

mahousaru said:
Prometheus said:
craigix said:

Personally I'd only opt for a non kb input if I get caught stealing in an Islamic law country.
Obviously we should just have the microphone then, and voice-recognition.

"Jump! Dodge left! Shoot!"
or
"Start Arora. Find pron"
or
"Start C++ IDE" *pain ensues*

Voice input was the previous future-of-all-computer-input. It was the one after virtual reality gear. Do keep up!

:p

I remember setting up my computer to use voice recognition once, that was a real pain. Mainly because all I could figure out how to do was keyboard presses that did different things based on what you said, and what program you were in. No mouse use, or intelligence.

It was still pretty fun though, "Address bar! W-W-W-dot-GOO-GLE-dot-com." I ended up disabling it though, it was a real pain to hold a conversation in that room.

Edit: Address Bar would, for example, hit F6, and then I would have a speech-recognition program for typing.

I think what the OP doesn't realize is that the keyboard being removed doesn't actually change the size at all. Not even in thickness, since the ports on the side go all the way up the case wall. Remove the keyboard, insert something else and tada! YOu have an Iphone with the Icontrolpad, or the DS with SD Slots and analog nubs (you can get SD easy anyways, with Slot-1 carts)!

Heck, I'd rather remove the buttons and dpads than the keyboard (I still want them though) because Buttons and Dpads are easily forgotten for me when I have keys. What I'd really miss would be the analog nubs and the touchscreen. Analog inputs are hard to replace in emulation and games, and you never really get used to them not being there.

lulzfish said:
mahousaru said:
Prometheus said:
craigix said:

Obviously we should just have the microphone then, and voice-recognition.

"Jump! Dodge left! Shoot!"
or
"Start Arora. Find pron"
or
"Start C++ IDE" *pain ensues*

*is reminded of the PS2 game, Lifeline, which required the USB mic to tell the onscreen character what to do...*

Me: Turn left!
Her: "Okay, left!"
Me: Shoot!
Her: "okay!"
Me: Up!
Her: "Okay, left!"
Me: WTF! you moron!
Her: "I can't do that now!"

Prometheus said:
Voice input was the previous future-of-all-computer-input. It was the one after virtual reality gear. Do keep up!

:p
What about motion controls?

Nobody's positioned them as a future of all computer input yet, as far as I know. :p

I don't know about the rest of you but when I buy a new cell phone it has to have a qwerty. I despise virtual keyboards so if the Pandora only offered that then I sure as hell wouldn't be on the preorder list.

billlongstick said:
Could try this for a pandora controlling interface.
I do not comprehend this. Do penises normally have a lot of muscle control? I think I could use mine as an action button, since there is one muscle down there, but the reaction time and firing rate are more like a toe than a finger, hand, or leg, so it would be very hard to control anything with it.

lulzfish said:
billlongstick said:
Could try this for a pandora controlling interface.
I do not comprehend this. Do penises normally have a lot of muscle control? I think I could use mine as an action button, since there is one muscle down there, but the reaction time and firing rate are more like a toe than a finger, hand, or leg, so it would be very hard to control anything with it.
If that ever caught on, there would be advertisements for v*i*a*g*r*a as a video game enhancer.

lulzfish said:
The "controller" has two actions: mouse up, and mouse down. They map directly to two very specific actions that should be pretty easy for anyone to figure out.

Back