Release Ultima 7 (exult)

Let us know when have updated the binaries and I'll take it for a test drive. :)

@gunrock can you try the pnd i just uploaded and see if you can run both u7 and serpent isle?
I just downloaded your previous update yesterday and gave it a quick go: seems the stuck midi note has gone. I'll check the new one later tonight or tomorrow.:p&|a:

@Pickle : first time run, Black Gate starts and runs ok. Quitting and starting it again ends up with a segfault. Starting Serpent Isle, the game gets to the menu, stating the game proper, ends with a segfault.

Anything else you'd like to know? ( error message etc.)

@Pickle : first time run, Black Gate starts and runs ok. Quitting and starting it again ends up with a segfault. Starting Serpent Isle, the game gets to the menu, stating the game proper, ends with a segfault.

Anything else you'd like to know? ( error message etc.)

i dont think so, i justed wanted to be sure it wasnt just me. I was able to get a backtrace of the fault so maybe i can fix it.

@DrasticNerd
All i remember is there might be speech at the intro/outro. Do you think there was more or is that what your attempting to get working?
The latter. After the opening clip ended (I usually skipped it) I thought the first few lines of dialogue (in the opening scene right after the Avatar comes through the gate) were fully voiced in the GOG/DosBox install but not in Exult.

I also had a problem with audio at the time. After a short while wandering around the town, the music would cut out and I would be left with ambient background SFX (birds twittering and wind IIRC)

I have downloaded your latest update. I intend to test it after I 100% complete the Super Mario 64 PC port (I still have my original cart and N64 but this is something else. I have progressed further in this port than the N64 cart!)

So some good news, I switch to the 1.6 branch ad recompied from scratch and things are working again. So they must have broke something on the master branch for arm (it runs ok on my x86_64)
I was able to start both games with no crashes. The repo is updated with this pnd

Amazing I can’t believe you updated! Going to bust my pandora out tonight and give it a try! Thank you!

Amazing I can’t believe you updated! Going to bust my pandora out tonight and give it a try! Thank you!

Looks like this still doesn’t work for me, but maybe in all the experimentation I swapped out the GOG version for the old Ultima Collection version. Could it be it doesn’t work because so many filenames are all caps? Also, I’m confused about popping out the SD card with Exult on it, because there’s no folder I can copy the game to then?..,

Looks like this still doesn’t work for me, but maybe in all the experimentation I swapped out the GOG version for the old Ultima Collection version. Could it be it doesn’t work because so many filenames are all caps? Also, I’m confused about popping out the SD card with Exult on it, because there’s no folder I can copy the game to then?..,

no the casing didnt matter. I copied the data 1 for 1 from the files installed by the GOG versions. Are you getting a data not found screen?
check the guide in the first post. I tried to be very specific where everything is expected to be.
another option is check the output file from the pnd.

Hi all !

@Pickle : yes, I played UO a little a long time ago, at the end of the 90's or early 00's, I don't remember.

Connection was quite poor with on 56k modem, that's why I'd like to give it another go now :)

Cheers, Magic Sam

so i went ahead and created an account. Ive messed with both the official windows client on wine and the crossuo.
I got into one the servers included in the builtin list for crossuo, but my character gets stuck. Ive tried to run other servers but cant them to connect. Usually hangs.
Id like to be able to connect to the Atlantic server.

no the casing didnt matter. I copied the data 1 for 1 from the files installed by the GOG versions. Are you getting a data not found screen?
check the guide in the first post. I tried to be very specific where everything is expected to be.
another option is check the output file from the pnd.

I’ve retried this with innoextracted versions of Black Gate and Serpent Isle and I think I’m going to give up on it. Maybe there’s something wrong with my OS build. I can’t find an appdata/share folder and the “pandora/app data/exult folder I do find creates a “.exult” folder with all the dummy folders in it once I launch Exult once. I copied the contents of the GAMEDAT folder into the dummy GAMEDAT folder and everything else into the base folders, for both black gate and serpent isle.

No dice. This used to work in the past, maybe it was an older version of Zaxxon. But no worries, I’ll play it somewhere else!

Back