UK ordering available again for new units

craigix

Mega GP Mania
Website
twitter.com
Hello everyone, from this week you can order again from the UK (with worldwide shipping).

Secret URL: http://www.icontrolp...oraprivate.html

*I know the picture is a little out of date, I'll replace it with a nice new one as soon as I have time*

These are the new '1.5' Pandoras with 512MB RAM, new LCD cables, Nubs etc.

As you can see there are also all the usual spares on that page.

They will ship within 24 hours usually.

We have these in stock to ship this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great news! Does this also mean that if you are an original pre order and you upgrade there are units available for (close to) immediate shipping?

You will have to email and ask, but we're working though them quite well, these ones were selling are from placed then cancelled orders. They help us keep the project going as we don't make any money from the GC units (yet).

I am not going to order from UK, since I live in Canada, but I have some questions concerning that page; hopefully the answers can help other fellow Pandora fans. :p

When ordering a Pandora, it says it includes a charger. The item "Power Adaptor" is probably what it is, maybe it would be wise to give them a single name to avoid confusion. In that case, it could become a spare power adaptor and the console would also include a power adaptor, which means the same as a charger I guess, unless I'm confused and the charger is not the same thing.

Also, the image seems to show an american (NEMA 5-15) electrical plug, or a similar one probably. Does the customer get the power adaptor that fits the power sockets in his country?

Is the battery 4200 mAh or 4000 mAh? I recall seeing 4000 somewhere, but I could be wrong.

If I remember what EvilDragon said, the new Pandoras ship with the SuperZaxxon OS, and currently there are some features that are not possible with the new kernel, especially since Beta 3 sets that kernel by default for boot time.

Maybe you could specify 512 MB of RAM, instead of just noting it is twice as much as before.

Finally, while I'm pointing out things, second paragraph, first word: "Digial". Just a little typo that could be fixed if you're going to change anything on that page.

I think these little details could improve the page overall, although seamlessly, but that takes just a few seconds to change I guess. Nothing coming close to having a picture of a brand new Pandora. :D

It's very nice to see the project move on so fast. Now I just need to order one...

Does this mean that if I cancel my preorder from a few days ago, and order from this site instead, I will get a Pandora within the one week timespand that is stated on the page?

Does this mean that if I cancel my preorder from a few days ago, and order from this site instead, I will get a Pandora within the one week timespand that is stated on the page?

If we have not sold out, yes. But either way you will get your Pandora.

cancel + preorder a new, is the same process than upgrade an old preorder, isn't it?

Are these the exact same model that can be preordered in 2012 ? Or are these just the old units upgraded with more ram and a new lcd cable ?

Hey, just to check - you're not counting Ireland as part of the UK right? I'm based in Ireland and placed an order on March 18th so just wanted to make sure I didn't order when I wasn't supposed to & fall into some sort of order limbo :)

Thanks!

Neal

PS - I got an order confirmation email but no confirmation that pre-payment was received.

Are these the exact same model that can be preordered in 2012 ? Or are these just the old units upgraded with more ram and a new lcd cable ?
There is no way to upgrade RAM with POP very easily or cost effeectively. If they have 512MB RAM, then they are ReBirth Edition out of Germany with the latest board revision etc.

Hey, just to check - you're not counting Ireland as part of the UK right? I'm based in Ireland and placed an order on March 18th so just wanted to make sure I didn't order when I wasn't supposed to & fall into some sort of order limbo :)

Thanks!

Neal

PS - I got an order confirmation email but no confirmation that pre-payment was received.
What site did you preorder from?

Hi, From http://openpandora.org/.

Cheers,

EDIT: Ah, sorry for the confusion. Just went back to that page and see there's a note at the bottom saying "The order will be fullfilled by OpenPandora GmbH, Germany". Would I be better of cancelling that order and placing via the UK page above since I'm a little closer to the UK or am I better off just leaving it as is?

EDIT: Ah, sorry for the confusion. Just went back to that page and see there's a note at the bottom saying "The order will be fullfilled by OpenPandora GmbH, Germany". Would I be better of cancelling that order and placing via the UK page above since I'm a little closer to the UK or am I better off just leaving it as is?

If he got them in stock, it would be faster, yes.

So you can cancel it, if you like.

If he got them in stock, it would be faster, yes.

So you can cancel it, if you like.

I don't mind waiting so unless it makes life easier for you guys if I order through the UK, I'll just leave it as is.

Thanks!

Wait... does that mean if I cancel my premium upgraded preorder from 2008 I will get it sooner if I cancel that and go this route? I ordered from you, Craig.

This is getting confusing, first you have one queue, then you get upgraded, then is this a third level of upgrading your queue position?

I say this because there is a 1 week timespan which has more than passed since I upgraded.

Wait... does that mean if I cancel my premium upgraded preorder from 2008 I will get it sooner if I cancel that and go this route? I ordered from you, Craig.

This is getting confusing, first you have one queue, then you get upgraded, then is this a third level of upgrading your queue position?

I say this because there is a 1 week timespan which has more than passed since I upgraded.

Your order will ship this week most likely, the Easter holidays in the UK delayed things a little.

These are brand new units, essentially we have had some order cancellations since Christmas and we are able to sell these units as we have a small excess now.

Thanks for your replies.

Great, I have ordered one from the secret page in post 1, I hope there is still some stock and I'll receive it soon ;)

Back