Ufo Duel - A 2player-1gp32 Game

Quiest

I like turtles!
Hey all!

Here is my first 2 player game for the gp32 which you can play with one GP32!

It`s called UFO Duel.

ufo1.jpg
ufo2.jpg

This game was made in around 5 to 6 hours, which is pretty fast, I think :)
Please leave feedback and bugs (if you find any :D).

EDIT:
The download link is version 0.2 now!

Changes are:
-new game mode: points mode
(you play a timed matched, the most points win)
-Energy bar changed to digits
-UFOs should now never reach any position in which they cannot be hit
(->UFOs now 25% bigger, should bounce when they touch each other)

fist bug: when both ufo's are very close to eachother they can't hit eachother anymore ^^
nice game, great idea :)

Second bug: ufos can get at some angles at which they can not hit each others :(

Didn`t happen to me during testing, I just went out to friend watching a movie and test played a little with him, and it happened much to often. grrr.
I`m just going to make the UFOs a little bigger, that should help.

Other things I plan to add:
Different game modes:
-Energy mode: like this version
-Point mode: hitting the enemy and targets that appear give points, most points win after a certain time.
-Item mode: like Energy or Point mode, just with some items like health, shield, extra weapons, etc.

If anyone got any ideas for other game modes, feel free to share :D

What a coincidence, I'm working on a similar type of game :)

5-6 hours? How about we just buy our devs caffeine instead of donations? :D But yeah, I can see that taking 5-6 hours.

This is awesome news, the GP32 does not have anywhere near enough multiplayer games. Even if they are at all fun, they usually aren't compatible with my BLU+ or at least are just a little more annoying to play. Good job Quiest. :)

Rockonde posted on Oct 31 2005 at 09:59 AM said:
PD: Black or White update is planned? :p

Definatly planned but not for the near future, cause I`m a bit demotivated of the hard work needed to make a level editor and a better control scheme :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
Greast? :lol: (just sounds like Quiest pronounced in german :D)

EDIT:
NEW VERSION: 0.2! The download link has been updated, look at first post for changes :)

Quiest posted on Oct 31 2005 at 12:02 PM said:
Rockonde posted on Oct 31 2005 at 09:59 AM said:
PD: Black or White update is planned? :p

Definatly planned but not for the near future, cause I`m a bit demotivated of the hard work needed to make a level editor and a better control scheme :ph34r:

Oh :unsure: , but with a simple file format is not necesary to implement a in-game editor :) and the actual control scheme works very well ;). I think :D

PD: I'm sorry, my english is very poor. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
You can`t take back moves, etc, and the file format is pretty weird :D
I mean, the puzzles are saved as array, where as I have to make them vertical flipped and turned ninety degree to have them like I want :D you see? WEIRD!!!

Back