The Minigame Project V1.1e

Quiest

I like turtles!
Hi! Here is the next version of The Minigame Project!
A new minigame and a lot of tweaks and bugfixes are done!

The Minigame Project v1.1e

The new minigame is: Shmupster!
It`s a little shoot em up game, check the readme file for gameplay and
controls, or find out yourself :D

And here are the fixes/Tweaks:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Minigame Menu:
-------------------
You can now delete the highscore for a single minigame by selecting it and pressing L+R.
I made this addition, because gameplay changed for some games, and your existant score is maybe impossible now, so you better delete it.
I recommend using this feature for Marios Combo Bounce (your max time & combo will still be there) and Mini Slug.
See the changes below for the reasons.
Don`t be afraid if you accidently press L+R, you have to play a minigame after that for the scores to be saved.

Sonic The Hurdler:
----------------------
Sonic can now controlled a bit left and right, to evade those random impossible situations.

Marios Combo Bounce:
---------------------------
Changed 8bit to 16bit look, thanks to Splinter for helping me!
You don`t have to press that many different buttons anymore, if you die, just A on time
10 times less bonus from golden goombas, it was just too much last time

Mini Slug:
------------
Lowerded chance for clock bonus to appear,
jumping now by presing A and not releasing A,
missing a target takes away 5 seconds.

Squares32:
-------------
Bonus items appear more often if you collect more squares, making collecting squares more valuable.

Target Slide:
---------------
The power bar now fills up slower when pressing A, making it a bit easier to hit the right power level.

Extender:
-----------
Quicken bonus should be more visible now, changed the color to green, also changed the font for more visibility.

As ususal, please leave bugs, suggestions, feedback and highscores here! :D
Thanks!

Great, downloading.

gotta,test,must,......*faints*

EDIT: the fxe wont extract from the zip archive................. weird.

Oh yeah, thanks for noticing!

I must have uploaded a corrupt zip file...
Try again in 10 minutes, I`m uploading a working zip now :D

EDIT:
Uploading done, new and hopefully working zip is now in the place of the old zip :)

I love this project, its such a great idea... and one of my motivations to learn fenix. I don't know how I'm gonna fit this on my poor lil' 64mb card though.

I'd really like an option to save highscores only on demand. Because saving takes forever and it's just plain annoying.

K0K0NUT_h3lmut posted on Aug 27 2005 at 05:27 PM said:
I love this project, its such a great idea... and one of my motivations to learn fenix. I don't know how I'm gonna fit this on my poor lil' 64mb card though.

128 MB is now less then 15 Euro's in Holland. So with aprox. 12 Dollar you could get one.

Great project, downloading now.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can now delete the highscore for a single minigame by selecting it and pressing L+R.

Please don't make it as easy to delete ur highscore. I deleted my hole profile within seconds some days ago. <_<

Dryer Lint posted on Aug 27 2005 at 07:02 PM said:
I'd really like an option to save highscores only on demand. Because saving takes forever and it's just plain annoying.

Puuh, that would take an age to code in... and I don`t think I will implement a feature like this anytime soon, it`s just soooo much annoying work, sorry.
And I don`t know why people always say saving takes forever, it hardly takes 5 seconds on my gp32 to save... :blink:

Digitalrat posted on Aug 27 2005 at 08:09 PM said:

Please don't make it as easy to delete ur highscore. I deleted my hole profile within seconds some days ago. <_<

Read a bit closer and you will notice that it only saves when you play the minigame after deleting... so if you delete a score and don`t notice it, your fault :p :D
And, erm, just stop pushing L+R buttons out of boredom :D

...but I`m gonna make an extra window pop up, asking if you are sure, okay? :)

Quiest posted on Aug 27 2005 at 02:25 PM said:
Dryer Lint posted on Aug 27 2005 at 07:02 PM said:

Puuh, that would take an age to code in... and I don`t think I will implement a feature like this anytime soon, it`s just soooo much annoying work, sorry.
And I don`t know why people always say saving takes forever, it hardly takes 5 seconds on my gp32 to save... :blink:

That is unfortunate that putting in an option for saving is sooo much annoying work. As without it the Minigame project will surely eat up the write cycles of my smc... Oh well... Its so fun that that doesnt matter too much...
:D

Ok, I will start the round of highscores, allthough I am pretty sure I will be beat VERY soon:

Sonic: 3242
Mario: 322200
Bumble Bee: 16800
Mini Slug: 5800
Squares: 2885
Monsterland: 15500
Target Slide: 4050
Tunnel: 111060 (I then crashed on purpose, because I didn't want to play that game any longer)
Extender: 774500
Edge Fighter: 4440
Schmupster: 20750

now, we all know this will be beat by you, but someone had to start

Okay after thinking closer about the saving issue, I might have an easy solution...

Sonic The Hurdler: 4769
Marios Combo Bounce: 192100
Bloody Bumblebee: 255600
Mini Slug: 6600
Squares32: 18601
Monsterland: 736500
Target Slide: 11700
Tunnel: 393310
Extender: 3369000 (can`t beat that damn score)
Edge Fighter: 11500
Shmupster: 101100

Quiest posted on Aug 28 2005 at 11:01 AM said:
Okay after thinking closer about the saving issue, I might have an easy solution...

Sonic The Hurdler: 4769
Marios Combo Bounce: 192100
Bloody Bumblebee: 255600
Mini Slug: 6600
Squares32: 18601
Monsterland: 736500
Target Slide: 11700
Tunnel: 393310
Extender: 3369000 (can`t beat that damn score)
Edge Fighter: 11500
Shmupster: 101100
how about my extender score then: 5.289.000 :p

btw, how on earth do you make such a high score with bumblebee? there's no way to avoid those balls if you gotta catch flowers on top of the screen :(, is it just a matter of trying until you're lucky?

Exactly! :D

And I still have your Extender score in my head, grrrr :D

btw, tell if Extender is no more eye friendly!

Quiest posted on Aug 28 2005 at 12:53 PM said:
Exactly! :D

And I still have your Extender score in my head, grrrr :D

btw, tell if Extender is no more eye friendly!
haven't got my gp32 here ^^
i wonder how the new game is :)

i just tried the new version, visibility of score and quicken blocks is perfect now :)
great!

i tried the enw game, not bad, but perhaps a bit fast or so, it's hard to keep an eye on the playfield...

Oh, and which one is better, the 8bit (old) version of Marios Combo Bounce or the 16 bit version?

Back