Bingo V1.0 Released

Guyfawkes

Certified Idiot :)
Website
www.emuholic.com
I have released my latest and sadly final game written on the GP32 as I am shortly moving onto coding for the GP2X. Bingo is based on the UK version of the game and features two mode of play; Single Player and Bingo Announcer. The first is a one person and two CPU mode game where you must win as many lines as possible and aim for a completed card. there are two variants, a 1 round and 3 round game where its the best of the 3 rounds who wins. The second game is a kind of multiplayer game where the GP32 acts as a Bingo Announcer, you will need real Bingo cards for this but you should be able to get hold of them fairly easily.

It's a bit of a change from my usual games but I hope people check it out and have a few games :) I would also like to thank DaveC for his work on the GFX and everyone that has played and supported any of my games on the GP32. It's been a pleasure to write a few games for the GP32 (theres a full list of them here) and they have all had great support. I have moved from coding on the GP32 to Zodiac and then DS but always returned to coding on the GP32 so now I will try the GP2X :)

Please leave any feedback on this release on this post. You can download Bingo from its information page here.

Link to a screenshot can be found at http://emuholic.emuboards.com/images/content/bingogp32-5.png as my server doesnt allow linking images from other sites.

i was going to make a free moving cursor but after trying it meant you had to be more accurate in the end, the box way seemed to be the best. could you explain better by not smooth?

The speech is from rVoice (http://www.rhetorical.com/) a TTS program. I cheekily generated all the speech from their online demo. Unfortunately they have disappeared off the face of the earth since a few months ago and I never got a chance to do some more speech. The actual voice may be familiar as Toris also used it in his game Gloop. I have found another TTS which sounds great but im keeping it secret, it makes AT&T Natural Voices sound like Stephen Hawking :)

aha I thought I knew that voice!

by smooth I mean that you cannot hold down the stick to move multiple sqaures, that would be nice :) (just make it not too fast).

Cool thanks for the release. Thanks for all of you GP32 work, looking forward to the GP2X stuff too :)

Yeah really fun game, thanks alot!

I really like the texts the announcer says :D so bingo-atmospheric :D

Cool last release!

All you're missing are those Bingo bitties that sit around with a dabber in each hand and like 50 cards in front of them. Each number called they start ramming with both hands, they look like the strikers in an old fashioned typewriter.

The voices are cool too. There aren't too many GP32 games that talk :)

Cool! and thanks!

Gp32 for ever!

DaveC: If you like samples in games; Have you tried BLuegol (homebrew) yet? It has very funny chinese samples in it

Guy - I don't want to stray over here in the GP32 forums but I hope you consider releasing something like this for the 2X. It looks a great little game.

Back