Uae4All Guide

Chris S

Still Fresh
Hi

Is there a users guide anywhere for the Amiga emulator UAE4ALL ?

Thanks

UAE4All games I tried that worked or didn't. I know this is on the UAE4All wiki, but that seems GP2x specific.

-Pirates! - I played this the most and it worked great
-Defender of the Crown - Seemed flawless
-Dune - Some sound bending and slowing but it was almost 100%
-UFO Enemy Unknown - I can't get into the battle mode and rotating the globe was extremely slow
-Cannon Fodder - Worked great
-1st Monkey Island - Booted up and I was walking around in game without issue
-Ruff N Tumble - Looks and sounds perfect to me
-Giana Sisters - I didn't notice sound but this played just fine
-Turrican 2 - 1st level seemed perfect to me
-Lemmings - A little frantic without a true mouse but it worked just fine
-Syndicate - 1st time with this game, menus seemed sluggish,I was able to complete the first mission
-The Settlers - The menu buttons at the bottom were only 1/2 on the screen, otherwise this seemed to work fine
-Pinball Fantasies - Worked but its keyboard only which: 1) sucks and 2) virtual keyboard hides to bottom of the pinball table
-North & South - Worked perfectly, but to change units in battle you have to use virt keyboard to press SHIFT

I'd rate my experience with UAE4All to be pretty good maybe 6 or 7 out of 10. It'd be nice if someone out there was willing to try and improve on the interface giving it more of a point/click feel, enable savestates, and give support for WHDLoad and AGA. Since there's been recent movement on AmigaForever and C64Forever, (both of which have at least some open source) I'd think it'd be possible on the Wiz.

There is a helpful thread in the 'Emulation' board with a link to an article that has a more detailed compat list.
http://lostsite.altervista.org/wiz/?p=1054

Back