Beta Uae4All Additions

Hi all,

I have added a PND file to Openhandhelds, I just think it takes a little time to update, so hopefully it will be up soon.

One of the things I still haven't managed to crack is the creation of folders in pandora/appdata when running UAE4ALL for the first time. John4p and I don't know how to edit the runme.sh to get this to work, Evil Dragon did give me is script for inclusion in runme.sh but I didn't have any luck. If there is anyone who can help with this I'm sure all involved would be really grateful.

I will also PM Evil Dragon about the repo and adding the new PND.

@john4p - one of things I haven't updated in the PND is the version number, the reason for this is I don't know what version we are on! Do you know?

tuki_cat said:
Hi all,

I have added a PND file to Openhandhelds, I just think it takes a little time to update, so hopefully it will be up soon.

One of the things I still haven't managed to crack is the creation of folders in pandora/appdata when running UAE4ALL for the first time. John4p and I don't know how to edit the runme.sh to get this to work, Evil Dragon did give me is script for inclusion in runme.sh but I didn't have any luck. If there is anyone who can help with this I'm sure all involved would be really grateful.

I will also PM Evil Dragon about the repo and adding the new PND.

@john4p - one of things I haven't updated in the PND is the version number, the reason for this is I don't know what version we are on! Do you know?

I do this way, i create a folder called default in the pnd folder that will be built. I use these lines in the executed script (in the pxml) to copy the data to the appdata folder. This only works if data does not already exist, which is good for config files if someone has custom options.

Code:
#!/bin/bash

# copy default data to appdata folder
cp -r --no-clobber default/.* .
cp -r --no-clobber default/* .

./run_something

Last edited by a moderator:
I sent tuki_cat a message explaining how to do it (and also sent him my setup :))

I also created a new fully working PND for now and updated it on the repo and file archive. :)

Thanks, ED.

tuki_cat said:
one of things I haven't updated in the PND is the version number, the reason for this is I don't know what version we are on! Do you know?
Don't know if ED incremented the build-number in the pxml. Well, I never did. You can just increment the build number of the current PND's pxml by 1 for the next release.

I have only had the opportunity to quickly play with the new build but looks like it is working great. Thanks for all your efforts.

EvilDragon has updated the repo (i think he is also going to add me as a maintainer for UAE4all) and the file is up at openhandles. He has also given me some very useful pointers on putting together the PND in the future (thanks again ED).

A big thanks guys for all of the work you are doing to improve the Amiga emulation on Pandora.

I've been spending a little time testing the new release, has anyone had any issues with the nubs not working in mouse mode?

tuki_cat said:
I've been spending a little time testing the new release, has anyone had any issues with the nubs not working in mouse mode?
Yes, but I think John is aware of the issue.

Tried it and nub-input isn't working in any control mode (you used to be able to use the nubs as mouse in joystick-mode, too). Well, there's nothing in the UAE4All code which made the nubs stop working as mouse-input. In fact they were only working because they're the mouse-input coming from Linux. Notaz' SDL seems to block/ignore this input. I don't know how to make the nub-input work again. Any pointers are appreciated.

Well - now the mouse emulation control mode actually has a purpose on Pandora. ;)

@tuki_cat As you are now a maintainer on the repo for UAE4ALL, you may want to use the additional info part of the repo to your advantage, click on administrate and in the additional info box you can write up to 1100 chars for UAE4ALL related stuff i.e. instructions, changelog etc,

milkshake said:
@tuki_cat As you are now a maintainer on the repo for UAE4ALL, you may want to use the additional info part of the repo to your advantage, click on administrate and in the additional info box you can write up to 1100 chars for UAE4ALL related stuff i.e. instructions, changelog etc,

No probs, I'll do it now

also the new icon image u used is not very good or clear, why not try this?
amiga.png

if everyone else agrees of course?

One thing I would love to see in this is some delay on the UI's input mechanism. You can see what I mean by starting up a text editor and holding down a key -

First, the key registers and a character appears at the cursor. Continue to hold down the same key and after a small delay, the key starts repeating with a smaller delay between repeats. This means, for the UI, that I can press "A" to select a directory without it selecting several sub-directories before I've had chance to let go of the button, which happens quite a lot in the current form.

D.

Dunny said:
This means, for the UI, that I can press "A" to select a directory without it selecting several sub-directories before I've had chance to let go of the button, which happens quite a lot in the current form.
Fixed that already a couple of days ago. You can hold any of the 4 buttons and it'll only change dir once.

milkshake said:
is it possible to get a native sized gui instead of the one from the gp2x version?
Currently the GUI draws to the same sdl surface as the emulated gfx do (which is max 320x262 scaled to fit the screen height). This could be changed of course.

tuki_cat said:
Great, I'll PND it up if you like
Yes, please. Could you also update your Readme (the menu has changed a bit and you can now use any of the 4 buttons to select a disk)?

john4p said:
Dunny said:
This means, for the UI, that I can press "A" to select a directory without it selecting several sub-directories before I've had chance to let go of the button, which happens quite a lot in the current form.
Fixed that already a couple of days ago. You can hold any of the 4 buttons and it'll only change dir once.

milkshake said:
is it possible to get a native sized gui instead of the one from the gp2x version?
Currently the GUI draws to the same sdl surface as the emulated gfx do (which is max 320x262 scaled to fit the screen height). This could be changed of course.

tuki_cat said:
Great, I'll PND it up if you like
Yes, please. Could you also update your Readme (the menu has changed a bit and you can now use any of the 4 buttons to select a disk)?

@john4p - no problem I'll do it this evening

Please also add that you enable Autofire with Y in Joystick mode and that in mouse mode dpad left&right are the left flipper and A&B are the right flipper in Pinball Dreams&Fantasies (and X pulls the spring).

Back