Beta Uae4All Additions

If USB joysticks easily produce SDL events then that'll be no problem (don't know how good USB joystick-support in our Linux is).

But specifically about the Competition Pro USB joystick I've heard it unfortunately has heavy input lag (a real Competition pro via Stelladaptor or a Dualshock controller via ~lagfree adapter would be a better choice).

Thats a damn shame, as I've has 2 brand new ones waiting for the arrival of the pandora for about 2 years! I do have 2 real ones aswell mind you. Could anyone point me in the way of a decent lag free adapter?

I think that this one should be the right one. I think. :p

That said, I have heard it said that the lag with the USB Competition Pro sticks is something that's very bad on Microsoft Windows, but less bad elsewhere... Obviously I haven't tried it myself, as I don't have any of those sticks, but perhaps it's worthy of note.

what a great emulator:) gettin better and better!!
uae4all is the reason why i bought a pandora. :rolleyes:

@john4p: i play most of the games with my optical mouse USB 1.1 (plugged in with an Mini A USB on-the-go adapter). everything works fine, BUT mouse speed is really (to) fast! much faster than on the desktop where i slowed it down as much as i can. this makes most games very hard to play :(
is there any chance to slow mouse speed DOWN? in the last update you added mouse speed up to 5x. please, can you also add 0.5x ?
thanks for all your hard work!!

nic said:
...please, can you also add 0.5x ?

A 0.5x option would only half the speed, perhaps going as low as 0.2x (which would be 5x less) would be useful as well (with increments). I don't know, I don't have my pandora yet, just thought I'd mention it.

Last edited by a moderator:
nic said:
@john4p: i play most of the games with my optical mouse USB 1.1 (plugged in with an Mini A USB on-the-go adapter). everything works fine, BUT mouse speed is really (to) fast! much faster than on the desktop where i slowed it down as much as i can. this makes most games very hard to play :(
is there any chance to slow mouse speed DOWN? in the last update you added mouse speed up to 5x. please, can you also add 0.5x ?
No problem. I'll just change the mouse speed options to 0.25x 0.5x 1x 2x 5x or something like that.

Okay, here's the new version.

Changed mouse speed options from "1x 2x 3x 4x 5x" to ".25 .5 1x 2x 4x" (which should be self-explanatory).

Download here: http://www.filefront.com/17221667/uae4all.zip

Source: http://www.filefront.com/17221668/uae4all_pandora_src.zip

If you can't wait for the PND just extract the archive's content to your SD-card, put the kick.rom in the UAE4All-dir and then execute runme.sh.

Pleng said:
john4p said:
(don't know how good USB joystick-support in our Linux is).

It's good :)
Well, then we will see USB joystick support in UAE4All. ;)

john4p said:
Pleng said:
john4p said:
(don't know how good USB joystick-support in our Linux is).

It's good :)
Well, then we will see USB joystick support in UAE4All. ;)

Awesome. When you get around to implementing it, would you be so kind as to map the mouse to axis 0,1 and 2,3? That way I can finally test if my gamepads are 100% working with Pandora :)

The uae4all-documentation of the pnd gives false information. It says that kickstarts need to be put in /pandora/appdata/kickstarts" but it has to be "/pandora/appdata/uae4all/kickstarts". Took me some while to figure this out, although it's logical. :p I think i also had some other, additional problem going on there, because i think i also tried to move the kickstart-folder into the uae4all-folder and it didn't work. Well, i got a working setup now.

Maybe you also want to mention that kick31.rom doesn't work for now and that thus it is not needed. Oh and that you can put it on "/<your_SDHC-card>/pandora/appdata/uae4all/" otherwise a easy-confusable lad like me might put it on the internal ram.

Is there any chance that i can get WHDLoad to run with uae4all? I guess not since it does not support harddrives. Though it would be nice since i got a WHDkey and a bunch of installs.

Thanks for your spending so much fun and joy (sounds better than time and effort) into uae4all. ;) Very nice thingie it is indeed.

I agree, it's about time somebody took this project by the scruff of the neck, doing a damn fine job too so I salute you! Not least beacuse from what I can gather, Amiga amulation is the biggest reason the majority of us bought this little machine. It's certainly why I sold my Gp2x to fund it.....now if we could just get Goal! and Jimmy White to work (maybe accurate touchscreen support also?!) then I'd be a very happy gamer...

Well, thanks to SteveM's modified SDL-library I could now add hardware-scaling (via framebuffer) to UAE4All. It works perfectly! Good bye, SDL_Softstretch...

But there's a catch - the hardware scaling only works if you have SteveM's modified SDLlib on your system:

The file /usr/lib/libSDL-1.2.so.0.11.3 has to be replaced with SteveM's file.

You can just rename the existing (so you can later restore it if you want to) file with for example:
sudo mv /usr/lib/libSDL-1.2.so.0.11.3 /usr/lib/libSDL-1.2.so.0.11.3old

And then copy the modified library to usr/lib:
sudo cp libSDL-1.2.so.0.11.3 /usr/lib/

@EvilDragon: But how could we solve this issue easily so that no one would have to manually copy the library?
(Note it's worth it - the hardware scaled modes are great.)
Shall I just release the new version already with instructions as to how to install the modified SDL-lib or with a script that does that?

_________________________________________________________________________________________

@Pleng: Sorry, currently don't have the time to implement USB joystick/pad support yet. It will be done - but it might take a while.

@Lomaxx: Never found the time to edit the Readme - it's still the one from Pickle and the info in it isn't just outdated but also wrong. I'd be glad if someone else could do this. If not I will find the time sooner or later to do it myself.

@john4p :

Could you add this SDL version to your PND using LD_LIBRARY_PATH or even LD_PRELOAD ?
Are you sure your color probleme are not related to this work ? :blink:

john4p said:
@EvilDragon: But how could we solve this issue easily so that no one would have to manually copy the library?
(Note it's worth it - the hardware scaled modes are great.)
Shall I just release the new version already with instructions as to how to install the modified SDL-lib or with a script that does that?

Just talked to DJWillis and notaz - seems it's still a quick and dirty fix that seems to break stuff like input by not using X...
If the patch was clean and working nicely, I'd be happy to include that in the official firmware :)

I wonder - can't you include the library in the UAE4ALL directory and tell the system via script to use that one instead of the normal one?

@lomaxx: Never found the time to edit the Readme - it's still the one from Pickle and the info in it isn't just outdated but also wrong. I'd be glad if someone else could do this. If not I will find the time sooner or later to do it myself.

That readme was from me, and I'm still taking care of it in the PNDs :)

Last edited:
sebt3 said:
Could you add this SDL version to your PND using LD_LIBRARY_PATH or even LD_PRELOAD ?
Thanks - I will try this.

sebt3 said:
Are you sure your color probleme are not related to this work ? :blink:
At first I thought the framebuffer caused this, too. But not anymore. It has to be the LCD cable.

EvilDragon said:
Just talked to DJWillis and notaz - seems it's still a quick and dirty fix that seems to break stuff like input by not using X...
If the patch was clean and working nicely, I'd be happy to include that in the official firmware :)

I wonder - can't you include the library in the UAE4ALL directory and tell the system via script to use that one instead of the normal one?
Yes, this should work. I'll try what sebt3 suggested (and some alternatives if that should fail).

EvilDragon said:
That readme was from me, and I'm still taking care of it in the PNDs :)
Ah, that's good. I just assumed the readme hasn't been updated at all. Haven't used a PND after the initial one from Pickle (since I had a convenient link on the desktop to the runme.sh anyway).

john4p said:
Ah, that's good. I just assumed the readme hasn't been updated at all. Haven't used a PND after the initial one from Pickle (since I had a convenient link on the desktop to the runme.sh anyway).

Well, I also use an enhanced run script which sets the mouse to left handed or right handed on first start (nubs) and tells you if the kickstart is missing ;)

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
Yeah, it's definitely not ready for the big time just yet. That said, it only makes something which didn't work at all work in a broken kind of a way, if that makes sense ;-)

I'd definitely take the LD_LIBRARY_PATH/LD_PRELOAD route if using it, as installing to /usr/lib will most probably break sound for other apps which use SDL audio :-\

Back