Release Twin-E

ptitSeb

Serial Porter
Here is Twin-E, en Engine to run Little Big Adventure

preview1.png

This version of the engin is the result of the merge of Preqengine and Twinengine.

History log
=========

Build 04
-----------

• Fixed a misscompilation that affected loaded savestate
Build 03
-----------

• Updated sources
Build 02
-----------

• Fixed menu behavior
Build 01
-----------

• Initial build
  • Special script to recognize GOG version and extract movies

Last edited:
Does anyone know how to change language? I've tried changing the cfg file but it doesn't seem to have any effect... :(

Does anyone know how to change language? I've tried changing the cfg file but it doesn't seem to have any effect... :(

yes, put "Francais" (without the cedille) at "Language = " in LBA.CFG. It should do the trick (I removed the cedille on purpose, to avoid UTF8/Codepage messing).

Ok, it's working fine without the cedille. Thanks!
Now I just have one problem: in the menus no matter which button I press it will often register it twice (or more). For example if I want to go to the settings I have to be very quick when I press the button otherwise it picks the "return to previous menu" item as soon as it enters the screen.

Ok, it's working fine without the cedille. Thanks!
Now I just have one problem: in the menus no matter which button I press it will often register it twice (or more). For example if I want to go to the settings I have to be very quick when I press the button otherwise it picks the "return to previous menu" item as soon as it enters the screen.

Mmmm, I have to check in the code. (I will probably see if the trigger is on "key_down" and if yes, change that to "key_up"). 

Ok, it's fixed and on the repo. But unfortunatly, some menu items are non-functionnal (like the advanced one).

Build 02

-----------

• Fixed menu behavior

Thank you. I didn't have time to test yet, I'm focusing on Jedi Outcast for now (working great by the way, thanks a lot for this one!)

Sorry to bother you again but I've really started playing it but the crate puzzle near the beginning of the game is very buggy (Twinsen regularly teleports behind the crate he's pushing). When I look at the changleog I notice that the last version has a fix about teleporting when colliding against other actors. Does your version include these fixes?

Thank you

@ElPoco : I tried to update my svn clone of twin-e and many have been updated, so I guess it wasn't in my build.

I'll try to update it...
[doublepost=1453663265,1453646153][/doublepost]The new build is on the repo. I hope it work better.

Build 03
-----------

• Updated sources

Thanks a lot, you're really amazing :)
I gave it a try this morning and I was able to complete the puzzle. It is still not perfect (and quite frustrating when it causes you to fail just as you were about to complete it) but it seemed better.

I've had a few crashes to desktop. I'll try to get some log files. Anything in particular that you'd be interested in?

The log are probably just an naked "Segfault". Even if it's a Bus error, without a backtrace there is not much I can do.
Best is an easy way to reproduce the crash myself (savestate + simple ingame instructions).

Here you go, looks like this saves crashes every time.
I've renamed it from .lba to .zip otherwise the forum software wouldn't let me upload it.

Attachments

• S9999.zip
    473 bytes · Views: 190
Ok thanks, I'll take a look later :)
[doublepost=1454187114,1454163938][/doublepost]New release on the repo. The save issue seemed to be a miss compilation. I "fixed" it by removing all optimisation on gamestate.c file.

Build 04
-----------

• Fixed a misscompilation that affected loaded savestate

Is it normal if my saved game still crashes after updating?
Anyway I wasn't that far so I've restarted a new game. I'll let you know if I get another crash.

Is it normal if my saved game still crashes after updating?
Anyway I wasn't that far so I've restarted a new game. I'll let you know if I get another crash.

Mmmm, your savegame seems corrupted in fact. Durring my debug session, I must have overwrote a fixed save and didn't noticed that. I still think removing all optim to the save/load file may fix future issues.

Here is a save (need to rename to .lba) where I can easily get a crash.
Buy a ferry ticket and run towards the ship (west from starting position). It crashed three times in a row for me when reaching the ship

Attachments

• S9999.zip
    473 bytes · Views: 190
Back