Tweaks Thread

^ Hotfix 3 is fine, afaik, just the newer firmware with all previous fixes included is faulty.
The user who had the problem called it black screen of death and I don't want to change that without important reasons. ED should be online sometime and he'll take care. Users who click the firmware topic will see the warning in the meantime.

mali said:
^ Hotfix 3 is fine, afaik, just the newer firmware with all previous fixes included is faulty.
The user who had the problem called it black screen of death and I don't want to change that without important reasons. ED should be online sometime and he'll take care. Users who click the firmware topic will see the warning in the meantime.

Yep, good work. I expect the few users experiencing the firmware re-flash problem will find the thread, as you say, and it will suffice without the need for extra info in the Tweaks Thread. The solution being to flash the original 1st firmware (and then to apply the HotFix3 pnd update).

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wanted to say thanks to Mali for maintaining this thread - its helped so much.

Cheers mate

Dropping a little audio tweak here. If you want to over-amplify (will cracle if you overdo it == play loud recording with high volume) the audio with the software volume control (eg. I just watched firefly with my pandora and really couldnt hear it properly with the integrated speakers because it was too quiet recording), modify .asoundrc(add the + line, without the +):
Code:
pcm.softvol {
        type softvol
        slave {
                pcm     "dmixed"
        }
        control {
                name    "Master"
                card 0
        }
+       max_dB 12.0
}
You can change the max_dB to suit yourself, but 12 is a good starting value if you have no idea (it's what the winamp preamp allows by default, some audio card drivers, etc). If it's too loud (crackling) after this, you can also just compensate with the XFCE mixer (or alsamixer from terminal) (the analog volume scroll wont fix this).

"How to move windows that are larger than the screen"

-why does this go to page 2 of the thread? The simplest solution (hold down the left shoulder button) is on the first page.

Back