Xfce Bootup Issue

Mjlink

ithic.com
Website
www.ithic.com
With Hotfix 2 I was booting to MiniMenu. When I would go to XFCE I was being prompted for:
Enter password for default keyring to unlock

The application 'NetworkManager Applet' (/usr/bin/nm-applet) wants access to the default keyring, but it is locked.

Password:

I'm not sure how this happened or when. I did have spaces in my SD Card names but have since renamed the Cards and removed spaces prior to installing hotfix 3. I also switched my default startup OS to be XFCE after running Hotfix3 and restarting the unit. Changed card names, ran Hotfix3, restarted, switched startup OS and still get prompted for this password.

Is it also possible to remove this password for running the Background Kill App? It doesn't make sense to have to enter a password when you are just trying to kill background apps. If I want to play a game, I don't want to keep entering my password to kill background apps.

Thanks for any input in advance!

Peace & Pandora,

Link

There are tips in the Tweaks Thread how to reset/remove the keyring password.

^Thanks Mali,

I looked through the first three pages of issues and didn't find anything regarding this. Sorry for being a dumbass and not checking the sticky.

I got the issue resolved if I'm not using Wifi on bootup. But I get hit for the password as soon as its enabled again. I understand security and all, but getting prompted for this password all the time is kinda dumb.

Peace & Pandora,

Link

Back