Custom XFCE keybord shortcuts stop functioning after reboot

surt

Website
surtspixels.googlepages.com
I'm trying to setup some more Pandora-friendly window manager keyboard shortcuts (XFCE Settings -> Window Manager -> Keyboard).

They work fine immediately after setting them but cease working after a reboot, though they are still listed as I set them.

Any ideas how to get them to take?

I'm trying to setup some more Pandora-friendly window manager keyboard shortcuts (XFCE Settings -> Window Manager -> Keyboard).

They work fine immediately after setting them but cease working after a reboot, though they are still listed as I set them.

Any ideas how to get them to take?

i think you will have to wait for next firmware; i get this intermittently on HF5, had it on the release candidates as well

My understanding is that there are some issues with the Xfce helper application that deals with these keyboard shortcuts, and these have been present for a while to my knowledge (I experienced it with Hotfix 4, and it was probably there before that, too). You will probably find that the next time you boot it up, they'll work fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
I should make it clear that I'm talking about window manager shortcuts (XFCE Settings -> Window Manager -> Keyboard), not application shortcuts (XFCE Settings -> Keyboard -> Application Shortcuts).

Application shortcuts work fine for me, but the window manager shortcuts always revert to the default behavior after reboot.

They are both stored in the same file so you would think if one worked the other would also. I've tried moving the shortcuts from the custom section to the default section of xfce4-keyboard-shortcuts.xml to no effect.

If I add a new shortcut only that shortcut works, not previously made custom shortcuts, so it seems the xfwm4 section of xfce4-keyboard-shortcuts.xml isn't being read at all, only written to.

I should make it clear that I'm talking about window manager shortcuts (XFCE Settings -> Window Manager -> Keyboard), not application shortcuts (XFCE Settings -> Keyboard -> Application Shortcuts).

Application shortcuts work fine for me, but the window manager shortcuts always revert to the default behavior after reboot.
Ah, damn, sorry - I misunderstood!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back