TV Out.

Zor Prime

Video Out Cables

Okay, we know there is a s-video cable available.

How about composite?

Thank you!

Re: Video Out Cables

from www.openpandora.ca

- TV output (composite and S-Video)

Now, what I'm not sure of is if the cable they are selling, has both of them. My guess is that it does.

Only after ordering a pandora did i notice the other peripherals avaiable. One of those peripherals was the tv-out cable which looked very much like the gp2x cable (Stock photo?).
Since i can't get onto the gp2x forums to search, can anyone tell me if the gp2x cable is compatible with the Pandora?

hey

There was a really recent topic about this in the gp32x.de forums, but they seem to be dead again.

Umm, as already stated they are not the same. I think there is an adaptor or something, but I'm not sure if it's for the gp2x cable or what.

cyas

Last edited by a moderator:

joseluisjazz said:
from http://www.openpandora.ca

- TV output (composite and S-Video)

Now, what I'm not sure of is if the cable they are selling, has both of them. My guess is that it does.
I'm not sure about that, I bought my cable and the gbax website stated that the cable is svideo+ stereo rca audio, no mention of composite rca.

You can even get a converter box that convert the svideo to 15pinsRGB, but you're still gonna be stuck around that 800x480 resolution.

Huh? The TV-Out is S-Video?

Okay, i've already ordered one now so tough luck to me (my fault for not reading small print).

I distinctly remember reading from Craig that is would be composite. The problem is I don't have s-video on my television, how to I use this with a scart socket?

:|

Re: Huh? The TV-Out is S-Video?

An s-video to composite converter is really simple to build if you have some basic skills with a soldering iron. The only thing you need is a small capacitor (i have successfully soldered one inside of an s-video connector). I don't know about prebuilt cables though...

If you want to build one you can find info here:
http://www.epanorama.net/circuits/svideo2cvideo.html

That is pretty cheap, I had a look on Google shopping and there are some quite cheap Scart blocks that accept S-Video. I'm wondering if any cheap shops in the UK (Pound Shop?) do them now.

it suppose to be s-video and composite, now i've seen the cable it's only has s-video cable.
You can use scart on it you need to get a scart adaptor which should have 2 audio inputs red and white, s-video port at the back of the scart then just plug 2 audio composite into audio ports and s-video into s-video port then put the scart into scart socket behind your tv.

eksasol said:
joseluisjazz said:
The gbax website stated that the cable is svideo+ stereo rca audio, no mention of composite rca.
I'm wondering the same thing about Audio Line In. I know, from an older post on the other forum that the EXT connector (Did I get the name right? - sheesh this broken down forum business is a drag) has Line In, but who knows about the cable? The GBAX says "dual audio" but does that mean Left/Right Output?

sukhiextreme said:
it suppose to be s-video and composite, now i've seen the cable it's only has s-video cable.
You can use scart on it you need to get a scart adaptor which should have 2 audio inputs red and white, s-video port at the back of the scart then just plug 2 audio composite into audio ports and s-video into s-video port then put the scart into scart socket behind your tv.
An ordinary scart-adapter is of no use if the television can't handle the s-video input.

teppic said:
An ordinary scart-adapter is of no use if the television can't handle the s-video input.
I think you'd need to have a pretty ancient TV for that to be an issue. The alternative would of course be a TV-Out cable -> S-Video/composite adapter -> SCART adapter.

I have a 21-inch telly from the early nineties I think.

Yes it's old, yes it's kind of flickering now and again and making popping sounds in the tube... but why should I throw it away? It's always served me well, I bought the thing for £60 just before the Dreamcast launch (for Dreamcast playing) and it was actually my first telly.

Bad points: No Nicam, No S-video (i'm guessing), no NTSC mode

not sure if this has been answered yet but, Can we add the video cables to our existing orders? I, like many, forgot to add the cable and also forgot about the dev fund in my haste to order.

MonkeyChops said:
not sure if this has been answered yet but, Can we add the video cables to our existing orders? I, like many, forgot to add the cable and also forgot about the dev fund in my haste to order.

Yeah you can, I emailed the sales team about it. You need your order code to hand.

openpandorasales@gmail.com

Back