TV Out Cable: Time to Mass produce! (2013-06-22)

I paid for a cable with Craig, and I just paid for a cable again with ED (no vouchers) and I feel great because this is an amazing project and deserves the money. I am looking forward to testing the cable out (although I am sure for me it is something I'll use the day I get it and then get little use as the main time I use my Pandora is when there is no TV available, but I'm fine with that). I went for the cheapest postage option as there wasn't anything else I wanted to order right now, and didn't want to end up paying more for postage than the actual item costs.

Thanks ED for sorting the cables out.

@EvilDragon Any confirmation on if you have sent the vouchers to Jacquelyn yet? I still haven't gotten any email from them, and I want to confirm you have already sent them an email before I go emailing them asking why I haven't gotten one yet.

-God Ginrai

Looking at these S- Video leads which are kinda pricey:

http://www.simplyelectricals.co.uk/qed-i-qedpsv-1.html

But hey - I'm going to be using this A LOT! So I may as well make the purchase.
Honestly wouldn't pay more than $6.00 US for them.. Gold wired, expensive connectors won't give you any bit more quality.
The quality increase from buying gold plated cables is marginal at best and at worst is a placebo effect and at very worst is just expensive with no benefit.

This is truer when the cables are providing a digital signal! (Gold plated OPTICAL cable WTF!?)
Okay, thanks guys. I'll stick to what I have if that's the case:)

The problem was with my TV settings. I need to toggle them each time I'll use pandora with it, but now I have quite nice image :)

what is the recommended way to play video (4:3, 16:9)  via the TV-out on a 4:3 CRT??

If you are using SMplayer2 it will stretch to the size of the screen no matter what it's set to in the player.. For widescreen videos I made a special TV setting profile that forces a widescreen resolution on the 4:3 screen (Black bars above and below).

I tried using a video converter and hooked up the Pandora to a PC monitor. I was able to get a picture, but it was kind of blurry and not

clear at all. Now when I hooked it up to a HD TV, it looked beautiful.

A displaylink type usb to VGA/HDMI converter will work much better for a monitor. I have the Diamond VGA/DVI/HDMI and I am really satisfied with it.

Okay, some small new update:

Sent out all the emails to MY customers still waiting for the TV Out Cable (that is: GP2X Shop).

Will take care about the voucher and any of Craigs customers next week.

Still catching up with a lot of work, but thanks to Askarus, moving forward quite fast :)

I suspect my tv-out cable might be broken, anyone have advice on what to do? only got around to testing it today...

^ did you see my response from your duplicate post in the support section? Also more detail would be nice.

Okay, some small new update:

Sent out all the emails to MY customers still waiting for the TV Out Cable (that is: GP2X Shop).

Will take care about the voucher and any of Craigs customers next week.

Still catching up with a lot of work, but thanks to Askarus, moving forward quite fast :)
I know you're really busy - but the store is still listing 0 stock for LCD cables and replacement cases.  I'm eligible for a Craig cable, but I'm not too worried about waiting for that.  I would like to place my whole order to get single-box shipping of the lot.

http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php/topic/14017-early-1ghz-unit-showing-bad-psod/?p=277217

Any ETA on getting the other items in the store stocked up?

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dont know why everyone is so easily accepting craigs refusal to deliver or refund. A voucher is not a refund... (Awesome that ED is trying to help btw, nothing against you)

I did some googling:

EU Page describing it: http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/shopping/online-shopping/faq/index_en.htm

this page is helpful for international customers: http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/problem/my-online-order-hasnt-arrived-what-can-i-do/, it has a nice template letter here: http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/action/letter-to-complain-about-undelivered-goods/. I say we all start sending them.

And not about to do it yet, but in case he does not respond to that with a refund or delivery, i say all Europeans contact their local European Consumer Support (http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/ecc/contact_en.htm). They might not take a 10 pound claim that serious, but if 20% of buyers is European (for instance), a hundred complaints might trigger action 

And its not the 10 pounds that i really care about, its the fact that a (European, should be trusted) order just did not get delivered or refunded, without any communication.

/rant off

Glad to hear that the cables are finally being made though. Been a while since i was here, but again: ED great job on keeping things going :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Dont know why everyone is so easily accepting craigs refusal to deliver or refund. A voucher is not a refund... (Awesome that ED is trying to help btw, nothing against you)

I did some googling:
You are googling the wrong thing. Google "limited liability", and realise that the company Craig set up to sell Pandoras has no money. You can't get a refund from a company with no money, all you can do is make it bankrupt, but it has no money or assets, so what would that achieve other than make Craig completely unwilling to do anything from now on, and perhaps you feel a bit better at the expense of everyone else who still wants their Pandora?

You friends with craig or something?

All i'm trying to do is to get a product delivered or refunded. It's not like it was included with the pandora or anything, i placed a separate order for it. 

So stop suggesting that I am the bad guy here with your claims that im trying to feel better "at the expense of everyone else"

I did some googling:
You are googling the wrong thing. Google "limited liability", and realise that the company Craig set up to sell Pandoras has no money. You can't get a refund from a company with no money, all you can do is make it bankrupt, but it has no money or assets, so what would that achieve other than make Craig completely unwilling to do anything from now on, and perhaps you feel a bit better at the expense of everyone else who still wants their Pandora?

but it has no money or assets
Not technically true. Depending on a lot of things, his car and that fancy 3D printer he bought might be considered company assets. There are some other parts as well that he's been trying to sell off, and he's probably got office furniture and whatnot. Ultimately it can't be more than $30'000 (and probably much less) worth of stuff though, hardly enough to cover more than a small part of the refunds, and refunds would be the last to get paid anyway: companies are more important than people (in the eyes of the law) so creditors get paid first before outstanding products. The best outcome of Craig filing bankruptcy is that all his Pandora assets (what few there are) would be given to EvilDragon who could then fund maybe another 100 Pandoras. His company may also have other creditors that we're not aware of though, and they might take a piece (or all) of what little there is.All of this is based on Canadian and USA bankruptcy, keep in mind. I could be completely off-base with UK rules.

Back