TV Out Cable: Time to Mass produce! (2013-06-22)

Hmm I dont get redirected to paypal when I press purchace items, it did forward me to the credit card page so I ordered that way :)

It depends on what you selected on the purchase screen ;)
i selected paypal and it did not work, then I selected creditcard and that got me correctly to the creditcard page...

Because it's not the fault of Craigs preorders that they ordered from him. However, the voucher will only work with orders 50 EUR+, so I'm not making a loss here.

I would be eligible for the Craig store cable voucher - and want to order a bunch of replacement parts too.  I have two Pandoras - the old CC one's case is shot and the 1Ghz's LCD cable is done for.  I'm going to need:

two complete sets of case plastics

three LCD cables

one video cable on voucher

one video cable without voucher

two spare battery doors

two spare hinge thingies

http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php/topic/14017-early-1ghz-unit-showing-bad-psod/

Good timing.  Hopefully I can get it all ordered at once - I can see that you're going to need to re-stock the store frequently in order for us to all have additional stuff to bundle in with our cables.  I put my list in above to help you know what kinds of things I (we?) would want to bundle in with the cables so you can stock them up.

I'm excited to see these coming out - good times.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be very interested to hear peoples opinion on the image quality of composite vs s-video.

I plan to use s-video via a scart adaptor just wondered if the quality is worth the outlay for an adaptor.

More than that is the hassle of trying to get behind the TV on the wall to connect a scart lead.

With my homemade cable, the difference was significant, Svideo just has a cleaner picture.. I have a DLP projector using PAL and outputting a widescreen resolution, S-video looks pretty good. While composite isn't bad, but notice it's a bit grainier and there is less color accuracy. I'm not sure with a CRT it will be too noticeable, but on a large 120" screen it makes a difference.

Holy Shit. The Pandora's 800x480 resolution must make the pixels as big as your hand on that behemoth.

-God Ginrai
I made some calculations ;) pixels of Image of 800x600 resolution displayed on a 120'' 5:3 screen would be "only" 3,27 millimeters wide (base, not diagonal).

Holy Shit. The Pandora's 800x480 resolution must make the pixels as big as your hand on that behemoth.

-God Ginrai
I made some calculations ;) pixels of Image of 800x600 resolution displayed on a 120'' 5:3 screen would be "only" 3,27 millimeters wide (base, not diagonal).
lol yea, I was exaggerating. But still 3.27 mm, damn. Where are you supposed to view this from? 4 meters away?

-God Ginrai

My couch is just about 2.8 to 3 meters away.. used my feet as a measuring instrument.

My couch is just about 2.8 to 3 meters away.. used my feet as a measuring instrument.
You don't have a tape-measure with you at all times?

Tut tut...

We'll never make an engineer of you if you refuse to carry the right equipment :unsure: :p

You don't have a tape-measure with you at all times? Tut tut... We'll never make an engineer of you if you refuse to carry the right equipment :unsure: :p
By job description title I AM an engineer.. I have a tape measure buried here somewhere.. you try to find it...

Well, over here tape measure is something that you would rather find on a tailor... everyone's going crazy about carpenter's rulers instead :p  

Back