tuxpaint.png

TuxTyping:

tuxtype.png

TuxMath:

tuxmath.png

Get the PND here:

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=tux4kids-tux4kids-27407

Have fun kids! ;)

I am sorry, didn't know you were working on that, took some dirty tricks to get the fontpaths right (they are hardcoded in the t4k_common library) and some redundand initialisations.

It was months ago now, given the rate I work on ports atm you're gonna ninja me more than a few times, and have no problem with it. Only ports afterall, if you took an original idea of mine then I'd be a bit miffed :p

Is it possible to use a custom configuration for this?

I'm trying to make it kid-proof by disabling the quit and print buttons. But putting .tuxpaintrc in ~ or the SD card's relevant appdata subdirectories doesn't have any effect, nor does /usr/tuxpaint/tuxpaint.conf.

I'll have a look again, where the configfile has to be put in and will report back.

The appdata directory equals the homedirectory, so the custom cfg should go in there.

Sorry, I almost forgot about this.

All configuration is in the appdatafolder in hidden directories (ctrl+h shows them in thunar).

They should be created on first use.

Hope that helps.

[sD card]/pandora/appdata/tux4kids/.tuxpaint is definitely created when the program is run, but it doesn't read any .tuxpaintrc or tuxpaint.conf I put in there or in the tux4kids directory itself. I'll try putting some other options in there and see if they have any effect.

Hi, thanks for porting this. Got my Pandora today (love it) and this is my first post on the boards, so excuse me if I don't know what I'm talking about.

TuxPaint has a great collection of stamps that are optional, they are inside another package, tuxpaint-stamps if I remember, any idea of how can I install them? Will they end up in the appdata folder on the SD? My kids are used to them and like them a lot. A little heavy but worth it (cool images with alpha transparency and even sound effects).

Thanks for all the work you made, Pandora rocks.

Hmm. If they can be installed into the .tuxpaint directory in appdata it should work by just copying them there.

Unfortunately I have little time for Pandora these days. I could try next week.

Back