Release Word War vi

mcobit

Advanced Member
I did a portrequest today:

Word War vi.

http://wordwarvi.sourceforge.net/

wordwarvi3.png

Overclocking to 800 MHz is needed for the sound to be smooth ;)

Updated to 1.0

Seems to run a bit faster (have added some more compileflags).

Also now supports the left nub as joystick by default.

The Keys are as follows:

* Pressing 'q' puts in a quarter and starts the game.

* D-Pads (or, of course vi's hjkl keys) to move

* 'X' 9 lazer

* 'A' drops a bomb

* 'Y' throws chaff

* 'B' drops a gravitybomb

* '9' commits suicide (just for debugging.)

* 'v' (xmas mode only) delivers a present.

Get the PND here:

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=wordwar-wordwarvi-14086

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks interesting. Does the gameplay still run smoothly at lower clock speeds?

It's

22 fps with stuttering sound @ 600 MHz

30 fps with good sound @ 800 MHz

Didn't try anything else.

Wheeeeeee!

EDIT: But the "application doesn't exist".

Wheeeeeee!

EDIT: But the "application doesn't exist".
Curious. The link in this post is dead, along with th one in the repo RSS. However the fact that the repo sent out an update means that it was uploaded. Did you take it down again for some reason, mcobit?

I absolutely love this game. Its a little hard to play at first, but once you get into it .. wow! This is *exactly* what I'd hoped to get from my involvement in Pandora - games like this!

Nice Port!

Love vector games! Thanks looks sweet and is fun...Also runs in Stuckie's Debian SD install without a hitch or needing any additional Pandora bits added. Nice work.

.. I also like the "--xmas" and --thicklines cmd line options in this game .. very funny.

Also! The code is wonderful and very well written .. if anyone is looking for a template on how to write nice smooth, expandable, easy-to-maintain game code, this is a pretty good example ..

Oh wow, I just found this thread by a little vanity googling, heh. I am the author of Word War vi. I'm glad you guys like it. I had for awhile seriously thought about getting a Pandora specifically in order to port this game to it, but I am super happy to find out that someone has beaten me to that task! That's awesome!

Thanks for the port, mcobit. Oh, and torpor, thanks for the compliment.

BTW, if somebody could take a little movie of this game playing on the pandora and put it on youtube, I would *love* to see that.

-- steve

Oh wow, I just found this thread by a little vanity googling, heh. I am the author of Word War vi. I'm glad you guys like it. I had for awhile seriously thought about getting a Pandora specifically in order to port this game to it, but I am super happy to find out that someone has beaten me to that task! That's awesome!

BTW, if somebody could take a little movie of this game playing on the pandora and put it on youtube, I would *love* to see that.

-- steve

And I wanted to inform you about the port a while back, when some people confirmed it works good. Now you found it yourself. I can make a video on monday, If you like.

And I wanted to inform you about the port a while back, when some people confirmed it works good. Now you found it yourself. I can make a video on monday, If you like.

Monday...? Noooo, do it now, do it now.

Monday's fine.

-- steve

Get a Pandora anyway.

smcameron: Welcome to the Pandora world! Its nice to have a games programmer such as yourself in our midst .. what can we do to get you interested in making more games that would work well on the Pandora?! :)

Back