Trouble with Freemind

Taeko

Hello

I tried out Freemind from the Repo. But if I want to start it nothing happens. Libre office works fine on my classic Pandora and have it updated to the latest OS version. I don t know if it is because the Repo got a little old or if my pandy configuration is wrong. So before I search deeper for the fault on my device, I would be happy to know if someone has trouble with it too.

Thanks

I just installed it and it seems to run fine on my GHz model, my guess is you need a swap file. If that doesn't help you can try and copy the content of /tmp/pndrun_freemind.out in here so some more expert people can take a look at it and tell you what's wrong

there's a nice tool for it under the System menu, it creates the swapfile and can activate/deactivate it. Matter of seconds to get that done :)
Mind that ejecting the SD card while the swapfile on it is active will crash your pandora and can possibly create errors on your card.

Thanks for the advice. I successfully installed and activated the swap file. This didn t change anything. But after reading the pndrun_freemind.out, I found out, that Java is not starting properly. So I installed java anew and now it works fine. :cool:

Back