Trouble With Some Emulators

Kumaki

I'm having trouble getting some emulators to work. The ones giving me trouble are the ones that require some sort of extra file...for example, Handy...and UAE4ALL.

Here's the problem I'm having:

You have, say, UAE4ALL on your card, and you get the icon.

You click the icon, and it wants a "kickstart" file.

I know what the kickstart file is, I even have the file, because I DO have UAE4ALL working on a Dingoo running Dingux.

The problem is...where do you PUT the kickstart file when you are using Pandora?

You HAVE to put it somewhere on the SD card. There isn't any internal storage on the Pandora. BUT...every time you fire up UAE4ALL, it asks you to point to where the kickstart file is...and when you try to select the SD Card....it tells you something about not being able to mount the card, or some such....which is bogus, because if the card didn't mount, you would not have even gotten THAT far!!

So what gives? How do you make an emu like Handy or UAE4ALL work on Pandora? If someone could please walk me thru setting up even ONE of these, I could probably then use what I learned to set up the others that have a similar problem.

I'm having trouble getting some emulators to work. The ones giving me trouble are the ones that require some sort of extra file...for example, Handy...and UAE4ALL.

Here's the problem I'm having:

You have, say, UAE4ALL on your card, and you get the icon.

You click the icon, and it wants a "kickstart" file.

I know what the kickstart file is, I even have the file, because I DO have UAE4ALL working on a Dingoo running Dingux.

The problem is...where do you PUT the kickstart file when you are using Pandora?

You HAVE to put it somewhere on the SD card. There isn't any internal storage on the Pandora. BUT...every time you fire up UAE4ALL, it asks you to point to where the kickstart file is...and when you try to select the SD Card....it tells you something about not being able to mount the card, or some such....which is bogus, because if the card didn't mount, you would not have even gotten THAT far!!

So what gives? How do you make an emu like Handy or UAE4ALL work on Pandora? If someone could please walk me thru setting up even ONE of these, I could probably then use what I learned to set up the others that have a similar problem.

You have to place kickstart in:

pandora/appdata/uae4all/kickstarts

and rename it to kick13.rom if the one you used in Dingux UAE is Kickstart 1.3

Next time before asking help i suggest you to check emulators Readme. You can easily solve most of your problems yourself.

UAE4ALL 2.0?

See first post in the release thread:

http://boards.openpa...770-uae4all-20/

(put) Kickstart 3.1 (512kB "kick31.rom"-file in pandora/appdata/uae4all/kickstarts/

If having trouble in navigating to your sd card, I think there is a bug sometimes in the filemanager that does that if you start from the drive/media icons in the window on the left - use the tabs on the very top left to find 'media' and then navigate the rest of the way in the window on the right, usually overcomes this.

Once you have pointed it to the kickstart you won't have to do so again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mamemaniac...

As I had stated before, these files did not come with a "readme" file. you know...one you could save to your desktop and open and read anytime??

Well, I only just now ACCIDENTALLY discovered that one can re-access the "readme" files anytime off the Pandora menu thru "documentation" BUT I DIDN'T KNOW THAT!!

Can you please try to be a little more patient with newbies who don't really quite know how everything works?

Mamemaniac...

As I had stated before, these files did not come with a "readme" file. you know...one you could save to your desktop and open and read anytime??

Well, I only just now ACCIDENTALLY discovered that one can re-access the "readme" files anytime off the Pandora menu thru "documentation" BUT I DIDN'T KNOW THAT!!

Can you please try to be a little more patient with newbies who don't really quite know how everything works?

I'm sorry, i didnt want to attack you. Well, i can understand, Pandora is a more complex machine than Dingoo. Now you find how to use Readme in the Pandora i am sure you will have less troubles in future.

Apology accepted.

Seriously...I did not know you COULD access the "readme" thing. I'm used to seeing a "readme.txt" file somewhere, where you could open and read as you will. Did not see such a file with the Pandora download.

I accidentally discovered how to access the readme files.

We're good.

what? i showed you where the documentation files on pandora are, and how to access them

also try searching before starting a topic. chances are, your questions were not only answered, but have gone into depth on the subject. a good way to start is by reading the documentation that came with a pnd. theyre located in the menu>documentation category. once youve done that, and still have a problem, search the boards, i.e. "fba capex" is a good choice. simple forum atiquette, and why we're taught to read before we write
remember this?

Incidentally, I now have all the emulators I mentioned working...except for UAE4ALL because I have not yet tried it. But I got Intellivision, MSX, GBA, Handy and others all working.

what? i showed you where the documentation files on pandora are, and how to access them

also try searching before starting a topic. chances are, your questions were not only answered, but have gone into depth on the subject. a good way to start is by reading the documentation that came with a pnd. theyre located in the menu>documentation category. once youve done that, and still have a problem, search the boards, i.e. "fba capex" is a good choice. simple forum atiquette, and why we're taught to read before we write
remember this?

OK...I guess when you posted it it didn't make a lot of sense to me, because I did not do it. Like I said, I discovered how to get these readme files by accident, lol.

Back