Internet problems..

ok try

sudo cp /etc/dhclient.conf /etc/dhclient.conf.bak

sudo mousepad /etc/dhclient.conf

then add the following and save (dont forget the ; at the end)

supersede domain-name-servers 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4;

that should give those settings when you connect to the network,

if not the 1st line backs up the file.

Are you sure this is right.??

He tells me > cp: cannot stat /etc/dhclient.conf , no such file or directory

Last edited by a moderator:
ok try

sudo cp /etc/dhclient.conf /etc/dhclient.conf.bak

sudo mousepad /etc/dhclient.conf

then add the following and save (dont forget the ; at the end)

supersede domain-name-servers 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4;

that should give those settings when you connect to the network,

if not the 1st line backs up the file.

Are you sure this is right.??

He tells me > cp: cannot stat /etc/dhclient.conf , no such file or directory
must not be, im off home soon and I will look at my pandora, I think you should be able to do it in the GUI right click the network or settings -> network manager maybe?

Gimmie 20mins

Looking for a fix on the Pandora though is just a workaround... we should try to figure out why the router doesn't give the Pandora a proper nameserver.

Most devices might use the router as additional nameserver, which is why it probably works with the ipad and everything else, but it shouldn't be that way...

Could you tell me what router you have? I'd like to check the manual to look for possible fixes here.

Hi ED!

That would be nice if you find a fix for it ;)

This is my router , I use it for everything.

D-Link Rangebooster N650 Router DIR 635

Looking for a fix on the Pandora though is just a workaround... we should try to figure out why the router doesn't give the Pandora a proper nameserver.

Most devices might use the router as additional nameserver, which is why it probably works with the ipad and everything else, but it shouldn't be that way...

Could you tell me what router you have? I'd like to check the manual to look for possible fixes here.
this is a good point.

as a temp fix if you right click the wifi icon on task bar you can click edit connections then wireless then choose connection then edit (wait a few secs for it to load) then ipv4 settings and set to auto addresses only and put in the dns in box

this is a good point.

as a temp fix if you right click the wifi icon on task bar you can click edit connections then wireless then choose connection then edit (wait a few secs for it to load) then ipv4 settings and set to auto addresses only and put in the dns in box

I can find the Wifi icon , but there is no "edit connections" in that menu...

you must right click use the right hand nub and push it to the right

OMG , this is not working.. , :rolleyes: , when i push the nub to the right nothing happens XD

P.S Never mind this , I just used a mouse....this is just crazy XD

you must right click use the right hand nub and push it to the right

OMG , this is not working.. , :rolleyes: , when i push the nub to the right nothing happens XD

P.S Never mind this , I just used a mouse....this is just crazy XD

Okay I managed to find the settings you mean , but the settings can't be saved anywhere , it just resets itself.

did you find the apply button because of the screen size the whole box is not on screen hold down shift and move the box(the one where you put dns in) up and you will see the button

Okay , that was almost impossible to find too but okay , settings saved ;)

And now?

Nope sorry , not working...

MEH , I give up.

No internet for me on the pandora.

Ill just stick to emus i guess :mellow:

Hi ED!

That would be nice if you find a fix for it ;)

This is my router , I use it for everything.

D-Link Rangebooster N650 Router DIR 635

Okay, did take a quick look at it.

First, check the following:

* In Network Settings, check the "Enable DNS Relay"-Box: I think unchecking the box would be better. If it's already unchecked, try if it works if checked :)

Also check that "Enable DHCP Server" is checked.

You might also want to check you're using the latest firmware (1.09).

Be careful, you might lose the settings if you update!

Well ED

Thanks for the advice but I managed to brick my router...

My firmware was 1.08 , so i wanted to update to 1.09 and it crashed while updating.

I can't even acces it anymore... , it ha no IP adress , but the strange thing is , it is still working XD

Unbelievable , this must be my one my very bad days.. :huh:

Well ED

Thanks for the advice but I managed to brick my router...

My firmware was 1.08 , so i wanted to update to 1.09 and it crashed while updating.

I can't even acces it anymore... , it ha no IP adress , but the strange thing is , it is still working XD

Unbelievable , this must be my one my very bad days.. :huh:
A router can't work without an IP.

You might have accidently set it to bridge-mode only.

In bridge mode it's transparent to pings and such if you use DHCP to get an IP on your guest system.

To fix that, configure your guest to manual TCP/IP settings in the same subnet that your router used to be accessible on.

After that, you should be able to access your router again.

If nothing else works, you might try a reflash by tftp (if you can access a serial port (JTAG or something similar))

Good Luck!

Did you first try the other settings before trying to flash it?

I would only flash if nothing else works...

Anyways, as the above poster said: A bricked router doesn't do anything.

So it still connects to the internet and your computers can use the internet connection?

If that's the case, you can check the network settings of your computer. They will have a gateway IP address, and that is the address of your router.

You should be able to use that to connect to the web interface.

As said above, it might lose the settings, so the IP of your router might have changed, so the old one won't work anymore.

If your computers use DHCP, they don't care about that, as they get an IP address automatically, that's why they would still work :)

If you manage to get to the web interface: It might be that flashing also reset your password to the default one :)

Hi ED

I managed to fix my router ;)

It had to hard reset it and update it again to 1.09 , now it is working perfectly.

I will try some DNS settings in my router tomorrow.

Back