Touch Screen On Wiz Not Working Right

Animan

Still Fresh
This has been a problem on my GP2X Wiz, and it's beginning to annoy me a lot.

The touchscreen has an area to the right that seems to not register properly. When I draw in that area, it draw to the left of it, like it's not calibrated right. But I've calibrated the touchscreen many times, and it doesn't seem to do crap.

Here's an image showing my problem. This is what happen when I try to draw on the edges of the Touchscreen in TS Test.

http://www.imagechicken.com/viewpic.php?p=1274386738097891500&x=jpg

Also, does Propis use the touchscreen to determine the aspect ratio? Because the aspect ratio is squished to the left the EXACT same amount as the touch screen curve, and leaves static to the unused space. It's making it unplayable.

Dunno, but it seems that something got between the touch layers... Some other people had that problem, but i think that only good solution is to get a new Wiz (or you could of course get a new screen and mount it into Wiz, it can be done with Freerunner)...

Hi Animan.

Yes, your touchscreen is defective. I had the exact same problem so i made an application to test it with. I couldn't find that built in test program :(

Anyways, contact GPH After Sales Center and they will replace your wiz right away. It only took me a few days to get a new one. So the service is certainly great.

/Uni

u9i said:
Hi Animan.

Yes, your touchscreen is defective. I had the exact same problem so i made an application to test it with. I couldn't find that built in test program :(

Anyways, contact GPH After Sales Center and they will replace your wiz right away. It only took me a few days to get a new one. So the service is certainly great.

/Uni

Will I need to pay anything? While it's an annoyance, If I have to pay a lot, then I might as well get over it.

Also, is there an answer to the second problem (with Propis, the demo version)

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't really understand you second question. But i don't think you can play it with that touch screen.

You have to pay the shipping to send it to GPH AS, nothing more. They will send most likely repair it and send it back for free. Are you from Europe? Otherwise you should probably contact the shop you bought it from :)

Just for the hell of it try this. Calibrate the touchscreen, save, reboot. Do it like 3 times in a row. I had a weird problem with my touchscreen early on and this worked for me.

Back