Touch Screen Test Program

u9i

Call me Uni
Website
riotdigital.com
Hi everyone.

I am having a lot of trouble with my touchscreen, so i made a test program which shows how far off the calibration is. You draw along a grid shown on screen to get the actual touch screen result. Press any key to quit. Upon quitting, a screenshot is saved in the current folder. This is my result. So i was wondering, does anyone else having such a defective touchscreen?

6rkehg.jpg

Here is the download: http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/wiz.cgi?0,0,0,0,116,342

/Uni

Attachments

• 6rkehg.jpg
    6rkehg.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 134
Mine is getting worse. If a game has a button that is on the edge of the screen, no matter what I do calibration wise, I cannot click the button. This makes a couple games unplayable. =[

I will try this app and post my result.

I would love to see others results. All you have to do is draw along the grid shown, press any key to exit, and the screenshot is saved in the folder :)

Here's mine

wiz_screenshot.png

Most of the shakiness is probably down to my stylus use while holding the Wiz (rather than it being on a flat stable work surface), but overall it's not too bad at all.

Attachments

• wiz_screenshot.png
    wiz_screenshot.png
    7.4 KB · Views: 150
That looks great. You can probably imagine, i'm jealous now ;) Seriously though, thanks for the image. It confirms my touchscreen is... quite broken!

Here is mine.
xp80h3.jpg

A lot of (vertical) jittery on the horizontal lines.

Attachments

• xp80h3.jpg
    xp80h3.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 247
I dunno about my Wiz but the touchscreen on my Nintendo DS has gone totally non-linear too and is therefore pretty useless. Wiz, on the other hand, should be capable of calibrating against this because the touchscreen should be abstracted in system software. Although this is non-linear it should still be correctable with a higher order polynomial. You'll get an uneven precision distribution though. And the calibration process will need way points. It's probably worth coming up with a proof of concept that recalibrates in the program against a better model.

calibration is only for games which uses touch screen ? that doesnt affect emulators right?

Back