Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mysterious Project ;)

• Get drunk

• Spend all weekend in bed

• Total voters

the pcengine emulator that vobbo made would have been perfect if he included a save state feature and improved the sound. the other emus seem to lack a lot graphically compared to that emu like where your sprite is supposed to flicker it will disappear completely. however gp2xengine ( i think thats what its called) plays the castelvania game very well and that is the main pcengine cd game i want to play so at least we have that. the way vobbo stopped working on his emu was quite frustrating mainly because he had updated it so frequently and was rapidly heading towards perfection until he all the sudden stopped work on it.

Great work, Squidge. I've not got my GP2x with me this week, so will look forward to trying it this weekend.

mystery project? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LeLIZuyodU

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I thought I'd give you some more info on the "Mystery Project".

The first clue is that it has nothing to do whatsoever with the GP2X...

Squidge posted on Mar 7 2007 at 11:11 AM said:
Well at I thought I'd give you some more info on the "Mystery Project".

PC GP2X emulator? That would be a godsend really :)

- Alex

Alex. posted on Mar 7 2007 at 06:14 PM said:
Squidge posted on Mar 7 2007 at 11:11 AM said:
Well at I thought I'd give you some more info on the "Mystery Project".

PC GP2X emulator? That would be a godsend really :)

- Alex

That still has to do with the GP2X ;)

It is probably for a completely different system all together. Hey you guys wanted it so now you get (or don't get) it ;) Serves you right for voting for a dumb option that you don't know what it is or what it is for. The mystery project could be re-modeling his mom's kitchen :rolleyes:

ah shutup davec... i voted "get drunk". that is the most productive it can get, no?

DaveC posted on Mar 7 2007 at 07:02 PM said:
It is probably for a completely different system all together. Hey you guys wanted it so now you get (or don't get) it ;) Serves you right for voting for a dumb option that you don't know what it is or what it is for. The mystery project could be re-modeling his mom's kitchen :rolleyes:

:D

It's nothing like that :)

Keywords are "ATMEGA32", "TSS461"

Hm, closest thing I can come up with is an xgamestation emulator?

Now THAT would be interesting indeed...

I'm probably completely off with that guess, but I found something else...

"The ZX series<ref>Official ZBasic and ZX website</ref> MCUs are based on the Atmel ATmega32 and ATmega644 processors. The devices run a field-upgradable Virtual Machine that features built-in multi-tasking, 32-bit floating point math and 1.5K to 3.5K of RAM for user\'s programs. Multi-tasking facilitates a more structured approach to coding for interface devices that require prompt service, e.g. serial devices, infrared remotes, etc.

The programming language for the ZX series is ZBasic, a modern dialect of Basic modeled after Microsoft\'s Visual Basic. The biggest improvement over the typical MCU Basic dialect is the availability of parameterized subroutines/functions that support local variables. Strong type checking is another improvement that aids in writing correct programs more quickly. User-defined types (structures) are also supported along with aliases, based variables, sub-byte data types (Bit and Nibble) and other advanced capabilities. "

ATMEGA32 - All purpose Micro Controller
TSS461 - Vehicle Area Network Data Link Controller

Now, guess what those two are used for...

Squidge posted on Mar 7 2007 at 09:42 PM said:
ATMEGA32 - All purpose Micro Controller
TSS461 - Vehicle Area Network Data Link Controller

Now, guess what those two are used for...

I dunno but will it support transparencies or rasters?

:p

Back