Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mysterious Project ;)

• Get drunk

• Spend all weekend in bed

• Total voters

wtf... remote control cars or something? this makes my head hurt. Out of curiousity will this project benefit anyone on these boards but you?

Jackd posted on Mar 8 2007 at 04:34 AM said:
wtf... remote control cars or something? this makes my head hurt. Out of curiousity will this project benefit anyone on these boards but you?

My guess is it is some kind of network for his car that can control things through a computer etc. It will only benefit someone from these boards if you are riding with him ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Auritribe posted on Mar 7 2007 at 09:59 PM said:
Squidge posted on Mar 7 2007 at 09:42 PM said:
ATMEGA32 - All purpose Micro Controller
TSS461 - Vehicle Area Network Data Link Controller
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_bus

o_O;;;;; ?!

Spot on!

This project will basically automatically lock the car doors when you drive over 10mph, can take over the car's multi function display (MFD), can track vehicle speed/etc. I'll be able to set a speed limit using the standard controls on the steering wheel (those usually made for controlling the radio), and be warned if this speed limit is exceeded by both visual and audible indication. It'll also take an OEM radio, such as a Alpine or Sony unit, and allow it to be controlled via the steering wheel as well as copy the text from that radio to the car's MFD.

Think of it as a safety thing so I can keep coding :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back