Too Much To Ask?

OK, is there anyone here, who could actually tell me, whether or not 3DO emulator would be feasible? A CODER, thank you very much... (Not sure if Ze ro is a coder...?)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3DO_Interacti...ltiplayer#Specs
Here is what will prevent a 3DO emulator from running at full speed (taken from that Wikipedia page):

Math co-processor

Two accelerated video co-processors capable of producing 9-16 million pixels per second (36-64 megapix/s interpolated), distorted, scaled, rotated and texture mapped

36 separate DMA channels for processing data quickly

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're THAT interested in GBA games, why not just go out and get a GBA and a flash adaptor for it?
Except that a GBA emu could run at full speed and 3DO never would.
My point is that if all you're interested in is perfect GBA emulation, then you COULD have exactly what you want RIGHT NOW without having to wait for someone else to make it happen, and suffer through slow releases, compatibility issues and imperfect sound.

If someone wants even rudimentary 3DO emulation, they currently have no options.

OK, is there anyone here, who could actually tell me, whether or not 3DO emulator would be feasible? A CODER, thank you very much... (Not sure if Ze ro is a coder...?)
I do have some coding experience... I've been working on some GP2X projects lately, but not really anything noteworthy as of yet. I think a 3DO emulator COULD be done with good speed, but it would basically take every bit of power the GP2X has, and I'm not sure there are any programmers in the community with the skills to do it quite yet.

--Zero

Last edited by a moderator:
Back