Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Get drunk

• Spend all weekend in bed

• Total voters

DaveC posted on Mar 3 2007 at 05:50 PM said:
Jaguarandine posted on Mar 3 2007 at 07:09 AM said:
voted for transparencies. I'd love to see better PC Engine emulation, but SNES still has a long way to go. better speed with everything on, and hopefully custom chip emulation as well. If you're bored with SNES, I'd vote PC Engine though.

Use PocketSNES. It has transparencies and rasters etc right now ;)

Some people prefer performance over perfect rendering, which is why SS provides both ;)

So, I'm working on SS Transparencies and the mysterious project :) I've also slept much longer today (had a nice 4 hour nap at about 4pm this afternoon) and visited the pub. I think that kinda covers all the bases :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Squidge posted on Mar 3 2007 at 10:32 PM said:
Some people prefer performance over perfect rendering, which is why SS provides both ;)

So, I'm working on SS Transparencies and the mysterious project :) I've also slept much longer today (had a nice 4 hour nap at about 4pm this afternoon) and visited the pub. I think that kinda covers all the bases :D

Well, it comes as no surprise that, in the end, you kinda opted for "All of the above, at more or less the same time" :)

Well, only the ones with the highest votes :)

Still kinda suprised about how many votes the Mysterious project got however.

Squidge posted on Mar 3 2007 at 06:29 PM said:
Well, only the ones with the highest votes :)

Still kinda suprised about how many votes the Mysterious project got however.
Just curious, why wasn't Gex2x an option? Is this still on the backburner for a while?

Squidge posted on Mar 3 2007 at 09:32 PM said:

Well SS does provide performance. How does it provide both? Perfect rendering would include rasters and transparency wouldn't it? Won't The SNES 9x renderer in SS will always be slower than PocketSNES due to the way it works?

I guess that means decent PC-Engine emulation is still a distant pipe dream then :( Oh well maybe someone will fix that someday. Too bad you couldn't erase SquidgeNgine from the poll and make that the "Mystery project" ;)

I don't see why so many want a project that they don't even know what it is, seems kind of stupid. It could end up as something they don't even care about :rolleyes:

I guess in the end you have to do something YOU want though. Forget the poll. If your heart is not in it it will not be fun to do and will probably not get far.

DaveC posted on Mar 4 2007 at 05:55 PM said:
I don't see why so many want a project that they don't even know what it is, seems kind of stupid. It could end up as something they don't even care about :rolleyes:

Not much of a gambler hey? ;)

DaveC posted on Mar 4 2007 at 08:25 AM said:

Hey this is the GP2X community after all. The most hardcore of us even prefinanced a handheld by an unkown start up (GPH) that totally depended on volunteer support for software. If that isn't a huge gamble... ;)

And besides, we have full transparencys (pocketSNES) and speed (SS) already, just in two different programms, and the PC-Engine emulator is sufficient for most of us too.

Thus something new, that is done by Squidge (means it must be good right?) is really what most people want.

The mysterious project is getting a lot of votes. Lets hope its not a snake-game. :D
Just kidding.
I voted "stay in bed..." because he deserves it and staying in bed doesn´t kill as much brain cells as getting drunk. ;)
We need his brain.

Julius posted on Mar 4 2007 at 01:40 PM said:
And besides, we have full transparencys (pocketSNES) and speed (SS) already, just in two different programms, and the PC-Engine emulator is sufficient for most of us too.

Thus something new, that is done by Squidge (means it must be good right?) is really what most people want.

The PC-engine emus are all poor for anyone who is familiar with it. They either have crap sound or are unplayably slow. You know not all of us can overclock to 275MHz, or want to burn through batteries in 1/2 hour. The CD support is not good either as it doesn't play the sound tracks right etc.

The "something new" may be good but not something you may want. What if for example he does a great MP3 player. It may be good but many of us could care less about another MP3 player, and would rather have a PC-engine emu with decent sound and not have to overclock to 300 MHz to get it.

Human psychology. A lot of people go for something with intrigue even if they *do* know they aren't going to like the results (a particular female friend springs to mind who had her life planned to include a long term relationship with a cheating bastard to add spice, before having a painful but dramatic break-up). If they don't know whether they are or not, even more people do, and, as has already been said, if it's intriguing from someone like Squidge, it's a dead cert!

:) FINISH the GEX emu (vectrex emulator), i love vectrex, load others games with flip vertical screen :D

Fru.T Bunn posted on Mar 3 2007 at 12:42 AM said:
TelcoLou posted on Mar 3 2007 at 12:30 AM said:
pool34 posted on Mar 2 2007 at 07:27 PM said:
TelcoLou posted on Mar 2 2007 at 05:53 PM said:
I feel guilty for voting :(

But you did anyways :p

... just like pirating video games ... only I really felt the guilt in this case :(

Please do not use the word 'pirating' :) t-h+e_e=s~a win if you do :(
Gah, I hate those guys. :angry:

SquidgeNgine gets my vote as well, for what it's worth... It would be nice to see someone pick up the TurboGrafx/PC Engine cause again. :)

Back