This Seems To Be A Sick (Good) Place

quote said:
:D It worked.

What do you make of this mess? You're a reasonable guy.

Well i personally thought Chest and Charles were the same person, Just that Charles was using a proxy, As the writing styles are VERY similar, And with only 5 posts to go on, It`s difficult to say otherwise.

Trooper

Last edited by a moderator:
trooper said:
quote said:

Well i personally thought Chest and Charles were the same person, Just that Charles was using a proxy, As the writing styles are VERY similar, And with only 5 posts to go on, It`s difficult to say otherwise.

Trooper

So my word means nothing? Why would I bother getting involved otherwise?

Also, the posts I've seen from Pv seem to be very bad in terms of grammar, whereas those by my buddy charles (excepting the last which was in caps) were well formed gramatically. But like I said, he was more of a lurker than a poster.

trooper said:
quote said:

Trooper

Yes, yes. We've agreed that it was an honest mistake to make. I thought they were the same person too.

The fact is, the mistake has been made, but not rectified.

Nova said:
So my word means nothing? Why would I bother getting involved otherwise?

I was going by what i had seen after it had happened, But before you had said anything about Charles being a friend of yours.
That and the fact that none of us here know him (Charles) personally, But you do, And only had 5 posts to work with.
What conclusion was anyone else suppose to come to, Other than what we have now ?.

EDIT: Here`s an example of one of the reasons why he was probably banned, He actually answers a question that was directed at Chest. So while technically impersonating another member is not part of the rules (which have not been updated in years), He was not doing himself any favours by doing so, In the way he was.

Charles Rothman said:
(naw)mcx said:
Chest Rockwell said:
(naw)mcx said:
who cares
oh yeah destructoid is a horrible site by the way. real men use giantbomb.
lol, you read destructoid, so stfu.

No I don't, fool.

Trooper

I don't really need you guys to come to any conclusion. The mistake is made, we just think it should be corrected. It's not like he wants a full apology or anything.

EDIT: in response to the edit, no, he did no help to himself there, it was part of a bit of fun we were having. However, anyone can tell the difference in posting styles between poisoned and Charles there. Like I said, very different.

Nova said:
I don't really need you guys to come to any conclusion. The mistake is made, we just think it should be corrected. It's not like he wants a full apology or anything.

EDIT: in response to the edit, no, he did no help to himself there, it was part of a bit of fun we were having. However, anyone can tell the difference in posting styles between poisoned and Charles there. Like I said, very different.
Why doesn't he just create a new account? He had 5 posts, and it's obvious that the Charles one was meant to poke fun at Chest (or one of the greatest coincidences of internet foruming ever) so he shouldn't have any real attachment to it, and in fact would probably want to distance himself from any possible confusion with known entities.

Xian Long said:
wouldn't that be multi-ing around a ban?

This, plus like I said, the guy doesn't want to be part of a community that indiscriminately bans it's members without doing the research first. If I'm gonna be banned, I'd rather a mod researched into why I'm going to be banned than just hitting that button.

F*****g hell guys!

Been away most of the weekend, so never checked in after the original banning thing.

@Nova, you should have PM'd me if you had such a major gripe over this, but tbh, that account was just made to mimic poisoned and with only 5 posts under it's belt, a new one would be for the best anyway.

daclassicgamingmaster said:
improper use of apostrophes and comma splices makes dcgm angry

But your grammar sucks :(.

x68000 said:
you'll live dcgm, i can't be arsed to care today - even this much is an achievement
you aren't the only perpetrator, so don't feel too bad :p

quote said:

But your grammar sucks :( .
leaving out a period or not capitalizing is just being lazy/quick; incorrect placement of punctuation is something entirely different.

Try reading through Gerald1's posts over and over for an hour or two and see how you come through it :blink:

GP32X leaves you fried <_<

quote said:
[quote name='daclassicgamingmaster' date='15 March 2010 - 06:13 PM' timestamp='1268676790' post='828165']

But your grammar sucks :( .
leaving out a period or not capitalizing is just being lazy/quick; incorrect placement of punctuation is something entirely different.
[/quote]
Yeah, that's what I was referring to. Is it really that hard to hold down shift?

Now I think about it your grammar's good. It's just those 'i's which make you look stupid.

i'm a grammar nazi, my grammar had better be perfect.

yes, i can't be bothered to hold down shift. this IS off-topic. if you look up most of my threads (most), you'll see i take time to capitalize and punctuate the ends of sentences.

Kay, I'll be studying your posts more carefully in the furture.

yes, i can't be bothered to hold down shift. this IS off-topic. if you look up most of my threads (most), you'll see i take time to capitalize and punctuate the ends of sentences.
thought that should read 'end' :rolleyes:

Well if there's more than one sentence, there must be more than one end.

Edit: NINJAAA!

Back