Lets Add More Consoles To This Place

klikklak

Oh neat, it's a ... field.
Website
Visit site
I said it in the GP32X is not good enough -thread and I figured I propose this properly.

We should add more consoles to this forum. A working chain from Other consoles to a dedicated board should be established. Currently the most interesting ones seem to be Odroid and Ben Nanonote. With the pandora having it's own board, it also means that a lot of the traffic that this place got will leave. With new consoles we can attract new people and keep this place lively. Mods, please discuss this and what you want the future of this board be! I'd like to see this place develop to a hub of open source entertainment, even more then what it is now, thank you :)

While I would love to see other handhelds community (think dingux, psp, android) to join over here, they already have their scene setup. See how the digoo forum is near dead here, while their board are quite active...

klikklak said:
With the pandora having it's own board, it also means that a lot of the traffic that this place got will leave
So you say, that merely because there now is another Pandora forum, everyone in the Pandora section will just leave? Sorry for being a bit slow, but what's the reason for that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Fishbong said:
klikklak said:
With the pandora having it's own board, it also means that a lot of the traffic that this place got will leave
So you say, that merely because there now is another Pandora forum, everyone in the Pandora section will just leave? Sorry for being a bit slow, but what's the reason for that?

Convenience I guess?

I like the idea of the Odroid, but we should unclutter the boards first. I suggested to ED removing the Dingoo boards (since they have Dingoonity) and the support boards and merging GP32 and GP2X.

Fishbong said:
klikklak said:

It could go both ways I suppose. Generally if something is official and as good as the other one, the official one wins. And like Nova said, convenience. I suppose that's one reason for me to suggest this, I'd like to be able to follow a bit the forums of machines I don't have so much interest in. Like I really enjoyed the dingoo boards when I found out they had a dosbox thread with nanonote stuff in it.

Oh and everyone, no love for the nanonote? Damn, I'm not so interested in Odroid/Yet Another Handheld With Console Controls. :) I mean, there are computer games that use keyboards.

klikklak said:
Oh and everyone, no love for the nanonote? Damn, I'm not so interested in Odroid/Yet Another Handheld With Console Controls. :) I mean, there are computer games that use keyboards.
As for the NanoNote, we're VERY active on the official mailing list. We've made a forum for it on dingoonity.org, though nobody posts in there. Also, NanoNote aims at developers and not end users, so stuff like mailing list/irc is a more suitable place.

zear_ said:
klikklak said:
As for the NanoNote, we're VERY active on the official mailing list. We've made a forum for it on dingoonity.org, though nobody posts in there. Also, NanoNote aims at developers and not end users, so stuff like mailing list/irc is a more suitable place.

Yeah, I've noticed the activity since I joined the list awhile ago. That's one reason I'd like a proper forum, but well, I'll have to live with it.

I don't know very much about the Nanonote - I'd like to though. I offered to do a review for the openXile not so long ago but they weren't interested, which is a shame.

Nova said:
I don't know very much about the Nanonote - I'd like to though. I offered to do a review for the openXile not so long ago but they weren't interested, which is a shame.
As in getting a free unit for the review? They're a small company, don't have tons of units lying around to giveaway ;)

zear_ said:
Nova said:
As in getting a free unit for the review? They're a small company, don't have tons of units lying around to giveaway ;)

I only offered to borrow it, I even said I'd pay for postage. I'd have thought the loan would have been worth it in terms of free publicity.

Who have you been talking to? There might be also some users living close to you, you could borrow it from.

zear_ said:
Who have you been talking to? There might be also some users living close to you, you could borrow it from.

Can't really remember, I think his name was Wolfgang? It was a while back. I'm not sure there's anyone with one in my locale. Not quite sure there are any members near me at all.

Nova said:
Can't really remember, I think his name was Wolfgang? It was a while back. I'm not sure there's anyone with one in my locale. Not quite sure there are any members near me at all.
Yeah, he's the sales rep, must had his reasons to refuse.
You can post on our mailing list though, I'm sure someone will be interested in lending you his NanoNote :)

Nova said:
and merging GP32 and GP2X.
I think the two are different enough to warrant different sections. Besides, the GP2X still has a living scene with a handful of new releases every now and then. Poor GP2X is actually more future-proof than expected :)

Alex. said:
Nova said:
I think the two are different enough to warrant different sections. Besides, the GP2X still has a living scene with a handful of new releases every now and then. Poor GP2X is actually more future-proof than expected :)
Yeah I second that. I think they still need to be seperate.
Btw Alex: Any chance that skyroads clone of yours might see a release any time soon? I was really looking forward to playing that.

Alex. said:
Nova said:

Well, the WIZ didn't add that much over the GP2X, so many users probably skipped it and still use the classic old one :D

Last edited:
Back