I hate being sick.

NssOne

I am One with the DarkNss
Website
www.gp32us.com
UGH! I hate this. I'm sick. I've been sick for about 5 days now.

It started on Thursday night while I was in one of my college night classes. I started feeling a little woozy in the head and a little drained of energy. The next morning, I wake up with a bad fever and my body was aching. I started pooping pills, mainly advil flu and bodyache. I was taking one of those every 4 hours to help keep my fever down.

I didn't feel so bad by the evening, but I still didn't feel like myself. I still had no energy in my body to do anything. I fell asleep that evening for a couple of hours. Woke up around midnight, couldn't fall back asleep, and was able to catch the exorcist on a showtime channel. I finally fell asleep afterwards.

I woke up late the next day (Saturday), about 1 PM. I didn't have a fever anymore, but I was sneezing and coughing all day and night. I was supposed to go to a friend's birthday party, but had to bail due to my still feeling sick. I didn't do anything else that evening except play my GP32. I guess it was really one of those times I'm glad I made such an investment.

I ended up falling asleep that night at about 1 AM. The next morning I was on and off as far as sleeping. I knew I had to wake up, but I just couldn't I still felt weak. But I had to get up, I had to work. I needed the money. In case you're wondering what I do, I deliver pizzas. It's good money, especially on Sundays with American Football. But making money wasn't necessarily my prime concern, I need to get out of there early.

When I asked to work that Sunday, I had no intention of being sick. But my boss put me on the schedule for a Noon-5 shift. I figured I could last that long. I found out he changed my schedule to Noon-9. I knew I wouldn't be able to last that long. We're our busiest on Sundays during our local team's game. So I stayed through that. At about 4, I asked to go home sick, they let me go home at about 4:30, considering everybody I was working with could see how sick I still was. I went home and vegged out. I just at around and watched some TV and fell alseep late that night.

Woke up today at about 11:30, feeling sick still, and vegged out some more. Didn't go anywhere. I have my regular Tae Kwan Do class on Monday evenings, but still couldn't make it to that. I fell asleep a bout 3 hours ago, and woke up about an hour and half ago with some extreme sinus pains. I had a major headache and my ears hurt like hell. I went into the bathroom and took a long steamy bath to help clear up my sinuses. It helpeded a little bit, and the warm water felt good. But my sinuses still feel a little clogged and I still feel a little pain. I'm just hoping through all of this that my sickness starts going away soon.

I know it could be worse, I could be in the hospital or dying or something. I actually happen to know this guy I worked with who's in the hospital right now. He's been in the hospital on and off for about 3 months with pulminary failure (most of your body ceases to function) and he's been in and out of coma. He's still alive thankfully and I wish him luck in fighting off whatever ails him.

I just really felt like venting here. I hate being sick. I hate it when others are sick. Being sick is such a shitty thing. It's bad when you have to try and carry on your normal everyday life or atleast the essentials to survive in life while trying to fight off an infection or bacteria or allergies or something. Knowing my luck, I was hit with all three of those. But anyways, if you read this, I'm thankful for your time in reading this 'venting essay' as I might call it. And I hope to get better by the end of tonight as I have 2 classes tomorrow to go to. I'm off to get some sleep now, see you tomorrow.

Take care of yourself, don't make too hard efforts and don't abuse medicines ;)

Gambatte kudasai ! :)

i was sick about 3 weeks ago! my english is too bad to explain what ui extactly had, but it took a whole week to get well again! i hope you will get well soon! i know how you feel...

Sounds sort of like my symptoms and I had Tonsilitis(sp?) a few days ago. So you might have it, too :p Antibiotics fixed it in a few days :)

rcx21000 posted on Oct 14 2003 at 09:31 AM said:
Sounds sort of like my symptoms and I had Tonsilitis(sp?) a few days ago. So you might have it, too :p Antibiotics fixed it in a few days :)
Oh great - I knew I should have stayed away from the forums - NOW I know where I got it from! (Oh - BTW... Oww my throat!) <_<

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
i had a chest infection last week....pissed me right off....
i hate losing money through not being able we work when it's not your fault....
keep your head up..get well soon m8

The reason you are sick is because god does not love you any more. Its his little way of saying, please die oyu inadequate lifeform. Become compost so that trees may grow from your flesh.

How nice...

Anyways all I can say is the rather lame phrase 'something's going round' cos I was sick for about a week, but still had to go to school. When you need to learn something but you really don't have your heart in what you're doing, it annoys me :( and of course when you're sick you don't feel like doing anything.

bringoutthegimp posted on Oct 14 2003 at 08:39 PM said:
how old are you rico?
Yeah, i always think ricos much older than he is. The picture of the crew from the british meetup confused me to how old he is 2!

Well, I did wake up today kind of feeling better, but my head is still a little stuffy and I still have a headache. I was able to get up for my afternoon class and go to it (though I was a bit late). I just got home and took some more meds. No, I don't have any kind of throat infection, I believe it was just the flu or my allergies. I'm able to function more freely than I used to without feeling horrible. I still cough a good deal and sometimes sneeze, but I'm good. I should (hopefully) be back to normal by tomorrow so I can make my other regular Tae Kwan Do class.

Dozer posted on Oct 14 2003 at 08:57 PM said:
bringoutthegimp posted on Oct 14 2003 at 08:39 PM said:
how old are you rico?
Yeah, i always think ricos much older than he is. The picture of the crew from the british meetup confused me to how old he is 2!
Heh, perhaps I'm just mature... but talk to anyone on IRC and they'll disprove THAT pretty quickly :S

No, that was mr.spiv. I just c==3 it occasionally, but then again so does anyone else.

In other news: I just got my cold again after two weeks. Bah! Must have been this thread!

I hate being sick too. I'm actually sick right now. Been sick for 3 days. Real bad cough, running nose in my left nostril and a stuffy nose in my right nostril.

Azure posted on Oct 15 2003 at 08:38 PM said:
running nose in my left nostril and a stuffy nose in my right nostril.
So it balances out then, hey? J/k.

Yeah, I'm still not great myself either. I went to Tae Kwan Do tonight and I'm really sore after not having done any for about a week. I only have a headache from it but I still have this damn cough and I sniff sometimes also. I wish for the rest of you to recover also. It's such a bad time for being sick.

Back