The Youtube Video Thread!

I tried to make a video of some CPS goodness but it didn't turn out very well. My videos seem to get brighter after I've uploaded them :s

I might as well post it anyway>

I will try and do something better later, but it takes a long time because I have a #*$"# connection.

I've got time to make one more today, was thinking of doing some SCUMMVM... Unless anyone has a request?

QUAKE 2/3

PLEASE

preferably online if possible

thanks for the vids

Sarlix said:
I tried to make a video of some CPS goodness but it didn't turn out very well. My videos seem to get brighter after I've uploaded them :s
Fighter/Cleric/Dwarf/Elf.

Because we all know that being a dwarf or an elf is a profession :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sarlix said:
lol ok, I will have to dig out my Quake disc first.

I will report back later. >.>

Would definitely love to see SCUMMVM as well if you’re still thinking about it – thanks :)

Caine said:
Sarlix said:
Fighter/Cleric/Dwarf/Elf.

Because we all know that being a dwarf or an elf is a profession :)
In the very first edition of D&D, there was no distinction between race and class. Each race was somewhat of a variation of the base classes. There were certain advantages and disadvantages to playing the demi-humans, but only Humans could be Clerics (for example).

If you chose the Elf "class" you inherited a bit of a fighter and Magic User abilities.
Dwarfs were better "Fighters" than the Fighter classed Humans.
Halflings were better "Thieves" than the Thief classed Humans.

God, I'm such an old geek.

mindlord said:
In the very first edition of D&D, there was no distinction between race and class.
Ah, didn't know that. I started with the 2nd edition (still my favourite).

Caine said:
mindlord said:
In the very first edition of D&D, there was no distinction between race and class.
Ah, didn't know that. I started with the 2nd edition (still my favourite).
I still have copies of the Basic and Expert edition D&D books on my bookshelf. I also have the Rules Cyclopaedia. I agree though, 2nd Edition AD&D is still my favorite. It had it's problems, but it had a certain K.I.S.S. philosophy that they seemed to loose sight of up until 4th Edition, which IMHO is a glorified board-game. :)

kuru said:
No Quake video please, we've seen tons.

all have pretty bad screen glare, and none online, and few if any quake 3

Sorry

Double Post
theres been alot more DP, lately seems the server isnt responding fast enough or something

Sarlix said:
lol ok, I will have to dig out my Quake disc first.

I will report back later. >.>
Awesome!

2-large.jpg

Kuru, shut up dude :p

Gurumeditation said:
@Sarlix: if possible record some Amiga-Games like Cannon Fodder or Settlers 1 please =)

I will try, although my experience with UAE4ALL is limited...

Kuru said:
No Quake video please, we've seen tons.
Doh!

The video turned out a bit dark this time..sigh... you really need to get a professional in here..

Also, no online play. The game crashed on me twice and I had to hard reset the pandora.

I've never tried to play an FPS with anything other than mouse and keyboard, I just couldn't get to grips with the controls.

If there hadn't of been a demo mode the video would of just consisted of me staring at a wall for a minuet and a half...

Forgot to say, this was running at default CPU speed ^^

Nice vid Sarlix, thanks :) Some real fragging would have been more interesting but if it doesn't work that's life. Thanks again for making all those awesome vids :)

Back