The Truth On Guyfawkes Evil Actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, and while what I say isn't bullshit, it appears that what atrkid said was. First he 'set the record straight about what he said' to Guyfawkes and then Guyfawkes asks atrkid to explain the same to Drumaster. After this little conversation, it appears that Drumaster was wrong.

Basically: atrkid got carried away, Drumaster passed the news out, atrkid realises this is bullshit and Drumaster apologises. Guyfawkes handled it fairly well by dismissing it as rubbish without reading it - I actually did the same.

You are all wrong. Nintendo wants to destroy the scene. They are doing it by convincing atrkid that Guyfawkes is destroying the scene. This creates flamewars, and the scene burns down.

So stop getting mad, or the plan will work ;)

Happy to read the truth, thanks Rico

All community know how are guyfawkes and atrkid now.

Then.... be careful !!! :)

hm.

I'm not meddling with childish stuff like this (just for those who did not know yet). I'll just steer clear of this thread, as, well, to me, gaming's supposed to be "fun".

Lets start with this:
WORD!

I've been trying to run #gp32 & #gp32dev and trying to get best ppl to be ops for quite a while now..

We actually wondered about opping atrkid for a long time.. finally did it with few restrictions ..

Then there was some big atrkid vs. the rest of french ppl (mainly gp32news) on #gp32dev and haven't seen those after that..

Then atrkid got kicked off from gp32emu and left the scene (and been back for some time now)

I've actually visited atrkid in france and he's coming here to study (finland) ..
I think he is a little too passionate about his game etc. ideas.. but if he were serious enought of them he would try to make them himself..

After guyfawkes & atrkid started fighting (and before that when gp32news&atrkid fought) i've been trying to keep myself out of it..
I dont "relay" each other's messages and i try to remove the misbehaving ones ..

Alot of ppl dislike atrkid messaging you once an hour but you really get used to it.. i actually use the same tactics with our company's gfx dude who needs beer to draw anything ;)

And for guyfawkes behalf .. he has done pretty good on #gp32 which he is op on (atleast not many ppl have complained to me about him)

So .. that's my 2 cents for this disgussion.. i'm trying to be friends with both and actually succeeding in it (atleast i would say i am)

//markus p <empee at daug dot net>

Hmm no ones perfect and im sure you all have your favourite people and those you dislike, but for the sake of this great site and the great GP32 scene, i should close this thread and try and keep things in private.

Scene wars are never good, in the long run the scene loses fans, coders and repect.

If you dont like a certain webmaster or site, i suggest making your own, its very hard work but very satusfying.

GP32 Extreme is my favourite GP32 site although i do miss the rumour corners ;)

You know, I reconsidered posting my topic for a moment. It could easily be used by ammunition by guys who don't like them. But I think it gives a skewed impression - I said atrkid was a nice guy he is, and Guyfawkes work is, as I said, respectable and enviable. However I did have some dirty laundry to take out, and I'm glad that I did.

Closing the topic? I'd welcome it, because these petty chatroom/site wars are a year old now, and this is just going to create unwanted discussion about politics where we should be avoiding it. I won't be closing it since people will go all Kandor on me 'you closed the thread without letting others reply to you' This is why Slashdot doesn't let you moderate topics you've posted on ;) *

So if any of the other mods wish to close this genuinely, do so.

*ok not really but you get the point.

Well, I, too, think, it's time for closing this thread.

Everything has been said - and this is not the first thread I see here coming up about atrkid and Guyfawkes (I remember one half a year ago or so...)

About the yoyo-story: He started working on his secret project (OpenSNES9x) a LONG time before the GBAX competition even started, and I knew what it was (some may remember I recorded the Super Mario Kart video and made the daily teasers about the secret project a week before release... I had the beta at that time ;)), so yoyo was in NO WAY instructed to code this emu to win the Zodiac...
After all, he even didn't abandon the GP32 scene - the ASM code has first been implemented into the Z version, yes. And after it has been bugfixed, it has been implemented in the GP32 version (which will come out soon).

These were my two cents, now on to the closing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back