The Truth On Guyfawkes Evil Actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, this will probably sound a bit strange coming from me - as some of you know i got in a paddy a few years ago when i got votes 'deleted' in a gp32/gbax comp.

however - guyfawkes is a nice guy, hes helpful and polite.. and craig, well, he can hold a grudge - but he's done alot for the gp32 scene and sold a staggering number of gp32's, so linking gbax to trying to "kill off the GP32" scene is just plain silly.

as for the "fake news" on gp32emu, i can't remember ever seeing any faked news articles on the site, i think this has just spawned from someones bitterness to guyfawkes.

:p id take all this with a pinch of salt before starting a witch hunt.
I think you are right....
in fact I dont know if guyfawkes is really nice or not or if craigx is bad or not bud that just sounds to strange for me to take it as it is...
Before even thinking that we have been cheated I would be pleased to have more info about that
But to be honest I really dont care about what they have done if they have done anything
The gp32 scene is very well with a lot of news
I hope this will be going for a long time. thats all

see you :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm so if GBAX comp was rigged and it was all ment to kill the gp32 scene then craigix wouldnt have GP32's for sale now would he and he wouldnt be getting a batch of BLU's if he was killing the gp32 scene.

thats just stupid your got your wires crossed so bad its not funny.

i know guyfawkes and artkid and i can say guyfawkes is a nice guy he's helpful and would be killing the scene.

do you know how far fetched that is?

artkid has done a few bad things but he's been trying to explain it to you and your taking it the wrong way.

You don't know all the facts and the facts that have been shown are theories nothing more.

so stop wasting time making the comminuty bitch and wine.

:ph34r:

Hmm so this is here too, well here was my responce at gbaemu...

Whats all this nonsence?

So we made yoyo make a snes emu on the GP32 so we could give him a Zodiac?

And trying to kill the GP32 scene? That would be why Fdave was given a free GP32 (which he has used to make gigadrive) and why a GP32BLU is being given as a prize this month? And GBA dev kits previously?

Its just called supporting the scene in general, no mega conspiracy theories, nothing.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

http://www.emuboards.com/invision/index.ph...pic=13824&st=15

aquafish: make another edit and apologise for that shit :p

now this is really just plain dumb

WHO THE F*CK WOULD EVER BELIEVE THAT ANYONE WOULD WANT TO DESTROY A SCENE?

i mean, thats just plain stupid, there's no single objective to destroy a scene and get yelled at "you stupid f*cker destroyed the scene!"
nobody would want that so frickin nobody will ever want to deystroy a scene (unless he's either really dumbassed or there's an higher objective which is neither the case)

how can you believe that someone you dont even know would do that?
any intelligence left?
all this just because of a log given out from a secret source containing somebody talking to somebody else that he believes that guyfawkes wants to destroy the scene, blahblah?

sorry, but this is just so plain DUMB >.<

Right... well... everything I've known of Guyfawkes thus far has been positive - and lets face it, when OS9x came out *everyone* would have voted Yoyo the winner of the compo, so enough about any conspiracies there.

Atrkid is also someone I know, and generally perfectly nice - just, perhaps, a tad prone to conspiracy theories. He did the planning for the, no-longer-in-progress RPG maker that was around a while back, and also for the battleships game from the first 15 days compo (or maybe first GBAX; think 'twas the 15 days one though).

I remember hearing about fake news before - but not in connection to GP32emu, rather another site which shall remain nameless due to the inflamatory nature of the topic. This isn't, however, at all recent. More like end of 2002/start of 2003 or earlier. Its all sorted out now, and has been for a very very very long time.

Merging the sites would, most definitely, make it easier for him to manage, and more to the point, would also make it seem less dead - more, perhaps, like http://www.ngemu.com is. Which I for one am definitely in favour of; personally I think it should contain Zodiac homebrew as well - might as well go the whole way - but that's a different issue.

So lets just get a mod in here to give possibly a tad more detail and support in favour of the people involved, and lock the topic, shall we? Anyone?

Posting fake news would not get you to be the MAIN news reporting site. Wouldnt all your visitors be pissed off at the crap you are posting as news and stop going there and going somewhere else? So that theory of getting to be the main GP32 news site by posting more FAKE news doesnt even seem possible.

About gettting yoyo to program for the Zodiac, he rightfully deserved to win the compo with his SNES emulator and if now he wants to spend his time coding for the Zodiac then thats his decision. 1 PERSON does not a scene make, what if he had gotten a new girlfriend and decided to spend his time with her instead of coding for the GP32, would she be to blame for destroying the GP32 scene? I hardly think so.

This thread was pointless. The "scene" is very strong right now, with 2 very promising Sega Genesis emulators on the works.

conspiracies...cool :D

atrkid was fine when i knew him "ages" ago on irc.
never really saw guyfawkes there much.

of course, I left IRC a long time ago, so things might have changed.

it was boring watching the power-mad ops having their little in-fights, getting banned for no reason and being told I had flooded some channels that I had never been in (that was an interesting one!), having my code slagged off, seeing newbies come in and ask the questions that were answered in the faq, etc.

Drum- I have alot of respect for your work and Im proud to have you as part of this scene (lord knows what i would do without your excellent pwads...) but this has pissed me off. I recall once when Hando posted that the euro lauch was cancelled and cleared it up later,

I would like to appologise for all that unnecessary mess and those few heart attacks
And your response was:
You could have checked the information before posting (surely because you wanted to be the first to do it)

Dont be hypocritical drum. Next time you believe to have information defacing gp gurus, check your info before posting. Normally i wouldnt even write this but I'm really pissed...

Drum- I have alot of respect for your work and Im proud to have you as part of this scene (lord knows what i would do without your excellent pwads...) but this has pissed me off. I recall once when Hando posted that the euro lauch was cancelled and cleared it up later,

I would like to appologise for all that unnecessary mess and those few heart attacks
And your response was:
You could have checked the information before posting (surely because you wanted to be the first to do it)

Dont be hypocritical drum. Next time you believe to have information defacing gp gurus, check your info before posting. Normally i wouldnt even write this but I'm really pissed...
:blink:
Wasn't Hando who didn't check his information?! :blink:

Be sure to tune in tomorrow for part two of 'The Truth On Guyfawkes Evil Actions' in which we will discover how Guyfawkes sites are nothing but a coverup for his true motives.

Guyfawkes: "Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering....."

Meh, I can think of some reasons of why he would do such a thing, but I don't really believe them and I don't feel like posting them. Guyfawkes has had a really nice reputation since I've known him, so I don't believe this shit. Although, I think we'll all be pissed if it turns out to be true and it explains why we haven't had a new release of OS9xGP in 5+ months and the Zodiac scene has like had updates every week. But I wouldn't count on that happening; just wait till June 10th, people.

I heard Guyfawkes wears real fur.

And he goes round saying the tooth fairy doesn't exist.

Those are just rumours, though.

(Okay, editing this post) I'm going to guess that this is false, because of atrkid's motives.

atrkid might have been a 'nice guy' when you spoke to him but he's very ambitious. He was rounding up coders left and right to work on projects, couldn't stop pestering me and others to work on them, expecting his ideas to be done by other coders, basically. This worked in some cases - Tobriand has experience with GPbattleship - but a lot of these projects didn't work. In particular lyc's project for atr failed, nothing came to be of jlebrech's platformer, and even I said I would do some work for him but the one-PM-a-day began to annoy.

He regularly kicked out people he didn't like, and I believe I posted a thread on #gp32 being ran sloppily a looooong time ago when he was in charge. The only reason I got ops on #gp32 was because I started a channel called #gp32x and managed to pack it with 10-20 people, some of whom had been banned from #gp32, and atrkid didn't like any contest for his power.

He had bitter rivalry with gp32news, and later Guyfawkes joined in, but I believe the disputes were caused by atr. Guyfawkes also threatened to kick out atrkid from the staff numerous times. I was off IRC when he actually left the scene so I don't know if Guyfawkes was behind it. But put it this way, atrkid was saying shit to me when I first got asked to leave #gp32 like 'we can delete you in one click' and when TFC left the scene he actually told me he had 'made TFC disappear'. He threatened to humiliate people so they never came back to the scene again.

Talking shit or not, atkrid is a manipulative, arrogant power-hungry moron. He's a nice guy until someone challenges his power or he wants more. I've seen both sides, and in this case, purely because of his ridiculous allegations, I've decided to highlight the bad one.

As for Guyfawkes... he's crafty... when we were setting up GP32:Zine he asked us to merge our project with his site. While he didn't directly say anything malicious, he suddenly said "we're starting our own zine... we've planned it for months". I believe craigix backed this up. Well, Guyfawkes also said stuff like 'content is no problem... we can get one issue's worth in a few days...' in what I took to be a very subtle threat. As such, me and Zimba published Issue #1 the next day. Didn't see much of that gp32emu zine did we?

He seems to be nice most of the time but I think he wants a bigger site, also. When our forums got larger he panicked. The entire site was upgraded to the same forum software we use at gp32x boards, and he brought in JavaScript news scripts so other websites would feature gp32emu's news. He brought on a lot of new guys to do news, as well. Regardless, I now believe gp32x to be a better site all-round. Gone are the days of 'gp32x forums, gp32emu news'. Guyfawkes has all but abandoned gp32emu in favour of Zodiac Gamer and he knows it.

Guyfawkes deserves respect for posting news day in day out (even if he does it as a job) but hando has done the same and built his site up from scratch in PHP instead of relying on PostNuke or a sloppy news script. Guyfawkes can make new sites for whatever console is hot in seconds and using his connections gather a whole bunch of people to write news for him. I sometimes wonder if the whole thing is just one money machine, and gp32emu has become unprofitable so he's closing it down and consolidating it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back